584,833 active members*
5,667 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > XYZ Gantry Routers > How to clear corrupt file from a2mc job folder

How to clear corrupt file from a2mc job folder

We have an AXYZ 5010 machine at work and today I sent a file beginning with a period (".").
    Apparently this is a big no-no as what resulted was the following:

File manager would shut down anytime a file was moved from the computer to the machine's job folder (without the file being added).

The corrupt file starting with the period would be in the job folder on the a2mc controller but not in file manager, thus being unable to be deleted.
    If you try to run the corrupt file it would give a bad directory message (e776)

After speaking with a co-worker, they had mentioned this has happened once before but can't remember what was done to erase the corrupt file, only remembering that it was a quick and easy fix.

We all know AXYZ is useless and won't move a finger unless large amounts of money is involved.

Would anyone here have experience with this?

Thank you in advance for any responses.

Re: How to clear corrupt file from a2mc job folder

I have used the older Toolpath software in such an instance.It was necessary to go into the Status tab and seek it out and then delete it.In AMC mode I haven't experienced the problem.What version of Windows are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by routalot View Post
    I have used the older Toolpath software in such an instance.It was necessary to go into the Status tab and seek it out and then delete it.In AMC mode I haven't experienced the problem.What version of Windows are you using?
    Results are the same using windows 7 pro on two computers and one computer is a mac running parallels.

Re: How to clear corrupt file from a2mc job folder

Is the AXYZ machine networked?If so, can you access the folder over the network and just delete it or modify the file name?