584,874 active members*
4,872 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Yaskawa Varispeed 616G5 two wire start wiring

Yaskawa Varispeed 616G5 two wire start wiring

Hi all, I've got a Yaskawa 616G5 in my Ex Biesse Rover. There's not much Biesse left, it's basically just a 3 axis router now.
    I've reset the VFD to factory defaults and just want to setup basic two wire run wiring as the spindle just needs to turn on and run up to the specified speed via 0-10v. I specified two wire run when I did the basic setup but I can't get the vfd to run by connecting pins 1 and 11 as the manual specifies.
    My wiring terminals look different to the images in the manual and I'm wondering if I've got a bit of Biesse specific hardware or at least a non standard drive. I'll attach some pics just in case anyone is familiar with the drive.

I can get the drive to run and jog from the digital operator no worries. Spins up the 200hz as specified in the settings. Just can't get anything to happen from the terminals.
    I'm not ruling out the possibility that I've just missed something simple. Appreciate any ideas or help.

Re: Yaskawa Varispeed 616G5 two wire start wiring

Found the correct manual finally, back on track now with a correct pinout diagram.

I have the problem in my NAKAMURATOME TMC300 machine also.Yaskawa Vm3 626 drive output not came. The spindle is not running. Installed new Yaskawa drive. The drive always in stop mode. I try to run in jog mode it's working fine but while Spindle command given it's not working. Only forward light ON spindle is not rotating. In Magnetic contactor +24v , CC cable two cable was coming from 3CN connector both the cable was 24v DC output coming. I dismantled the contactor and checked outside it's working fine. Pls help me to solve the issue.

Thanks Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Stotheh View Post
    Found the correct manual finally, back on track now with a correct pinout diagram.
    How did you solve this issue. Because same another type yaskawa drive I'm having issue

On my particular VFD I had to bridge pin 11 and 35 (the two top pins, next to each other) before I could get any other control pins to function. This was how it was wired according to my Biesse machine manual. I'm not sure if this is 'drive enable' or just supplies voltage. Once 11-35 were bridged I could bridge pins 1,2 and 3 to pin 36 for CW, CCW and E-stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Stotheh View Post
    On my particular VFD I had to bridge pin 11 and 35 (the two top pins, next to each other) before I could get any other control pins to function. This was how it was wired according to my Biesse machine manual. I'm not sure if this is 'drive enable' or just supplies voltage. Once 11-35 were bridged I could bridge pins 1,2 and 3 to pin 36 for CW, CCW and E-stop.
    It's working?