584,829 active members*
4,748 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Touchscreen problem

If I use the button once, every mouse click is then ignored. If a button is pressed with a touch, it remains on a gray background.
    In other programs, the problem is not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvwv8ilYBAk

Re: Touchscreen problem

Looks like your touch screen does not work correctly and does not generate mouse up/down messages correctly. This is obvious at 1:30 where you click View buttons and they remain focused.

This might be a problem that windows 10 seems to handle touch events different from mouse events depending on the used touch screen.
    Most resistive touchscreens come with dedicated driver that translates the touch event directly to mouse events, in this case typically the mouse courser is moved as well.

However on the newer capacitive Models windows 10 contains default drivers and those does not seem to generate mouse events but instead dedicated touch events. You can clearly see in the video that the mouse courser is not moved to the position where the touch is happening. This indicates that a touch event was registered and no mouse event.
    From my understanding its up to the application (in this case TNG) to handle those kind of events correctly.

Windows 7 was not designed for touch screen. Therefore driver/application was needed. Quality of experience depends on it. In those days I had resistive touch screen panel which worked quite well except dragging was a pain.

Windows 10 fully supports touch screen and so does TNG. All my machines have touch screens (6 of them) in it works flawlessly. Many customers also use them.

This is not a generic problem. It is specific to your configuration. Exporting and sending us your full profile is first step. More info about your screen is also helpful.

The computer is a MSI Wind Top AP2021 All-In-One 50,8 cm 20" Intel Core i3-3220 @ 3,30Ghz 8GB 250GB Touch
    The operating system is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    I could send you my profile. but I don't see any sense in it. The error is also present with a freshly installed TNG V2 . So without any modification or change of the settings.
    If you absolutely need this profile then I can of course deliver it.

Does this PC support windows 10? I can only find windows 7 and 8.1 drivers on MSI site.
    My guess is that this touch display in not fully compatible with win10 or it is faulty. Does it need special driver?

The touch display works with Windows 10 without any problems. Windows 10 supports TochDisplay, so no drivers are required under Windows 10.
    The display is not damaged or broken. It works with other programs without any problems.

Today I made a completely new installation with Windows 7 64Bit.
    The problem with the TouchDisplay is gone.

But now TNGV2 can not be registered. I entered the Linzens Key, but the light stays green with an X.

I suspect certificate issue. Your exported profile should give us right answer.

I agree.

I had downloaded and installed windows 7 from the Microsoft server. After I had installed all MSI drivers everything worked, except for the license.
    So I thought I have to do an update. Unfortunately the update function of Windows 7 did not work either.
    I first had to install a patch and then install an update.
    The Windows update function then worked. And they also validate the Planet-CNC license.

Under Windows 7, the MSI touch screen only has a one-finger function. Under Windows 10 it has multi-touch or two-finger function.
    I cannot use Windows 10 on this PC in connection with TNGv2. But as long as everything works under Windows 7, I'm happy with it.
    I just hope that Planet-CNC will keep TNGv2 running under Windows 7 for a long time.

We will continue to support windows 7 for as long as possible. But eventually development platforms will no longer work and we will be forced to drop support.