584,817 active members*
5,140 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New C35S BoB install - Z-axis DIR is stuck!

Hey guys,

I had some power outage issues here in Michigan a few weeks ago, and it sure seemed like my old C35 BoB died - I had zero response when turning on the machine, no motors would move.

So I got the newer C35S as a drop-in replacement, plugged everything back in. X and Y axis work fine. Z-axis port though, if I hit "Page Down", the Z goes down. If I hit "Page Up" THE Z GOES DOWN.

DIR LED on the BoB stays solid the whole time on Z, it doesn't toggle off when I move in an opposite direction like the X & Y's do.

I've tried swapping out everything. If I hook the Z driver and/or motor up to X,Y, or A ports Down is down and Up is up. Likewise if I put the X/Y motor/drivers on the Z-axis port (so pins 6 and 7), they only go one way. I've swapped ethernet cables, motor connector, keyboard, etc, everything short of the actual parallel port cable (I don't have another one).

Anyone have any other idea's?

Thanks,

Nathan

Re: New C35S BoB install - Z-axis DIR is stuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Nater View Post
    Hey guys,

I had some power outage issues here in Michigan a few weeks ago, and it sure seemed like my old C35 BoB died - I had zero response when turning on the machine, no motors would move.

So I got the newer C35S as a drop-in replacement, plugged everything back in. X and Y axis work fine. Z-axis port though, if I hit "Page Down", the Z goes down. If I hit "Page Up" THE Z GOES DOWN.

DIR LED on the BoB stays solid the whole time on Z, it doesn't toggle off when I move in an opposite direction like the X & Y's do.

I've tried swapping out everything. If I hook the Z driver and/or motor up to X,Y, or A ports Down is down and Up is up. Likewise if I put the X/Y motor/drivers on the Z-axis port (so pins 6 and 7), they only go one way. I've swapped ethernet cables, motor connector, keyboard, etc, everything short of the actual parallel port cable (I don't have another one).

Anyone have any other idea's?

Thanks,

Nathan
    Did an X axis drive do the same, if so, then check the Active High / Low in the software Ports / Pins
    Mactec54