584,817 active members*
5,140 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hyundai Wia HD2200Y

Hi guys,

4 years ago I've purchased brand new Hyundai Wia HD2200 - great machine, works great. no problems, tight tolerances and all.

Two months ago I've got another new Hyundai Wia HD2200Y - this time with some more capabilities like Y axis and milling capabilities... so i don't have to run separate simple stuff on the mills. But this machine - I've got so many problems with it that i just can't even start :

1. I can't hold tight tolerances at all - holding something under 0.03mm is a nightmare. From first part with +offset, and after adjusting the tolerance i usually get 0.02mm to 0.03mm mistake...

2. The new machine came with integrated thermal control ... that gave me hell in the first week... it always gave wrong offsets so i was able to turn it off in the parameters because in their custom interface even when i turned it of it still made some changes ...

3. I almost crashed the machine (broke two carbide boring bars when the revolver suddenly rotated) The situation : I typed in MDI "T300" to change tool while the Y axis wasn't in reference position, it gave alarm...i click reset (the alarm went away) and then i switched "JOG" mode to move the machine. The moment i clicked MDI mode the head rotated... and because i jogged close to the chuck ... it rotated thru the tools ( thank god they were carbide and just broke off, if there were some D40mm tools it was gonna be a wreck.

4. when going to reference - the first time(when i turn on the machine) - it goes - Y, X and then Z and only in that order. but after that moment - when i want to change tool ( like in jog mode ( i need to be in X, Y axis in ref) i just click "ref" - then Y,X ref. and then by hand rotate the revolver to the desired position .... but if i mistakenly click ref Z(buttons are reall close) .. it doesn't stop me and just go strait back in Z .. and if the tool is down like in X0 or X-20 the boring bar holder will collide with the tailstock (i work at 50% rapid so the moment i saw it go straight back to the tailstock - my heart almost stopped)

5. every other day the machine leaks coolant.

6. for a batch of 40 pieces - 4-5 times i get alarm that the hydraulic went down because of something. - cant figure it out.

7. hydraulic unit is really noisy.

8. when getting the machine the transformer was the wrong for the machine ( they got me a new one) .. (will change it this week)...

9. boring bar sleeves were so long - if i put a U drill in it the holder spits coolant everywhere but not thru the drill's holes.

10. the sammchully chuck came with molded T-nuts with one of them having a crack in it.

11. almost forgot - the machine turns taper like - 240mm long shaft (D120mm) - 0.06mm taper ... (i fix it in program but wtf)

Can someone help with any of the problems that I'm having . ???

Its super duper expensive machine for me - been working hard af to get it and now so many problems... i just can't even...

please helpppp ?, with anything

Re: Hyundai Wia HD2200Y

Sounds like your machine needs some service. New machine? Used machine? If it's new then I would call your distributor and have them come look at it under warranty. If it is a used machine considering having a company come out and perform a preventative maintenance service. Some times some general maintenance can solve lots of problems.

Its a brand new machine. ordered for me. The only thing they did at this point is to get me a new transformer (right size), "gifted me some T-nuts", and they're claiming now that they have fixed the issue with the MDI-JOG-MDI in the parameters, but haven't came to fix it actually..

Also are telling me that in the spec of the "quality check" of the machine - the accuracy is within tolerance ... and my 0.03mm is okay for them... and this is bull**** as far as i know.

Hopefully you haven't sent in your final payment. I would hold the final payment until they make the machine right.