584,808 active members*
5,053 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post Upgrading programming center

For more than 5 years, I have had 3 Biesse routers and one main programming station. I recently purchased a new PC and placed it in the shop to have a secondary programmer on the floor. Will I need to buy another version of Biesseworks for that individual PC or can we use the serial key from one of my other systems?

Re: Upgrading programming center

I guess I will continue waiting for a call back from Biesse but hopefully someone can offer some helpful information on this matter.

We have one Bsolid on the computer on the machine and one extra USB with license which i use in office to program Rover.

So you use multiple licenses? I have a tech offering to sell us a USB Dongle to use on the PC but we aren't really sure that it will be enough to get this biesse programming software running. He thought that we may be able to use the license from one of our routers or the current Programming station in the office but its not worth risking to try without more knowledge. Biesse seems to have a lack of software people this month because we have been waiting for a response/quote on the issue for a full month. I have my CAD software setup but just waiting for biesseworks to get programs drawn on this PC.

As for Biesse and their support i really hate them. Thats how we use it, when we bought bSolid we got one to use on machine and an extra usb dongle to use on laptop in office. Its basicaly same license but can be used on 2 computers. Maybe try find in your instalition box if u have extra usb's. Just a thought.

Biesse strategy is one hw/dongle key on machine and second one in office. bSolid doesn't require the licence code, just the hw/dongle key. Biesse works requires licence key with hw key and usually works the same licence for machine in office too, even without connected hw key (only old versions 2.x.x needed the key too). Just without connected key you have basic version, without advanced functions (simulation, pocketing...), but it is enough to make common programs with drilling, milling, cutting. And you can install it in many PCs as you want...

Thanks! Now on to the next problem.