584,817 active members*
4,983 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Z axis lifts to high Before cutting and hits my hard liit switch

Z axis lifts to high Before cutting and hits my hard liit switch

HI
    I haven’t used my new CNC router since last year
    Im trying to learn what I learned before but I need help
    Last year I got cutting
    Im using MACH3 and VCARVE
    Im trying to cut a basic circle as im a bit rusty lol

Okay when I load the Gcode and Use the paper method to lower the Z axis

I then go on too MACH3 and ZERO All axis then I click cycle start! I presumed it would cut the hole straight away but the issue I have is

The Z Axis lifts way to high around 6cm then hits my Hard limit and stops MACH3 and I have to reset it after manually lowering the Z Axis
    Do you know how to stop the Z Axis lifting so high???? Is it did in MACH3 Or is it my gcode via VCARVE?

Thanks, I always come back and update!

Adam

Re: Z axis lifts to high Before cutting and hits my hard liit switch

Quote Originally Posted by adamfromUK View Post
    HI
    I haven’t used my new CNC router since last year
    Im trying to learn what I learned before but I need help
    Last year I got cutting
    Im using MACH3 and VCARVE
    Im trying to cut a basic circle as im a bit rusty lol

Okay when I load the Gcode and Use the paper method to lower the Z axis

I then go on too MACH3 and ZERO All axis then I click cycle start! I presumed it would cut the hole straight away but the issue I have is

The Z Axis lifts way to high around 6cm then hits my Hard limit and stops MACH3 and I have to reset it after manually lowering the Z Axis
    Do you know how to stop the Z Axis lifting so high???? Is it did in MACH3 Or is it my gcode via VCARVE?

Thanks, I always come back and update!

Adam
    No sure if you lost your way but you already has the same post Here https://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-c...18951-cnc.html

I was waiting for you to post your program Just cut and paste it in a reply only need the first part of the program to see if there is anything going on that should not be
    Mactec54

Re: Z axis lifts to high Before cutting and hits my hard liit switch

The Zero All Axes command is looking for home switches on all the axes of your machine. If you haven't set up any home switches, or if they aren't working, then it will behave as you described. Normally the Z home is at the top of its stroke, before or equal to the hard limit. It's not necessary to have home switches or to invoke that Zero All command; you can simply set floating zeroes and use them, but you won't have a fixed reference point to re-establish position from if it gets lost.
    Andrew Werby
    Website