I am in the process of rearranging my metal workshop. One tool I am trying to decide if it should stay readily accessible or move to once in a while needed storage is my old 14" 3300RPM abrasive cutoff saw. At this point I only use it for cutting really nasty stuff I don't want to risk a band-saw blade on. I don't think I have used it in a year or more.

I have several other ways to cut stock down to size. A 4x6 import bands saw and a plasma cutter serves the vast majority of my day to day stock cutting. I also have a 10" Delta chop saw I plan on putting a nonferrous metal cutting blade on for aluminum. These feed a mini mill, 10" Atlas lathe or welding projects.

I vaguely remember seeing some one use one to good effect for sharpening cutting bits. I do have a 6" bench grinder and a belt sander for that. Any one have a, "why have I not known about this before?!?" kind of use? Could it be better at cutting relief into HSS lathe tools than a normal bench grinder? I could build a tool plat form for it if that's the case.