584,833 active members*
5,499 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Turbojet

Turbojet

This is a link to a video of a turbo jet I designed in solidworks. When I go back to school I plan to make a model of the jet with a rapid prototyping machine. I am also thinking of making a working model of the jet in the machine shop at my school. I ordered a book on jet engines but I have not received the book yet so my design so far is based on very limited knowledge. It is in the first stages of design once I study the book I will finalize the design. I still have to design the flame box, and many other components. I limited the number of air foils because it will be difficult to manufacture large quantities of airfoils. Does any one think the airfoils should be closer together.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

I order a book about one month ago on jet engine construction but still have not received it. I do not know how the rest of the jet works so i am stuck for a while. I am going back to school next Thursday and i will make a plastic prototype of the airfoils in the STL machine. Can someone explain how the flame holder works so I can design one.

Made prototype models of my compressor and turbine blade design on STL machine.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff157/klaustigman/

I have the ability to machine the airfoils but I do not have the ability to engineer
    the airfoils to make an effective jet. There are also many other aspects that I am not qualified to engineer. I also do not have the capabilities to machine a shaft within the tolerances needed. At such a high speed that the engine would
    run at everything would have to be concentric and perfectly balanced for the engine to function properly. I am abandoning the project because it is beyond my capabilities. This is a project for a fully qualified engineer.

Re: Turbojet

those are cool. any one use cnc machined turbine wheel
    5 axis CNC Machining Center -JPM
    [email protected] www.jackpowermodel.com