584,849 active members*
4,504 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Rotary axis planes determining - WCS and tool plane

Hybrid View

Red face Rotary axis planes determining - WCS and tool plane

Hello

I'm a newbie to Mastercam and 4 axis programming
    I have some problems in determining WCS, Tplane and Cplane and rotary axis for my new Chinese CNC router with rotary 4th axis and Richauto a18 control, I use 4axis mill generic with generic Fanuc 4x post.

I have tried tons of axis configurations with one semi-successful try, in which I put WCS to top, Tool plane (and construction plane) right plane (don't know why) and rotation axis (in Rotary strategy) is y but the result was YZA move simultaneously and X is move between slices (it should be XZA simultaneously and y for moving between slices).
    Attached is a picture of a similar machine, I don't where should be the WCS and the tool plane (in 1,2 or 3) and should I determine tool plane offset or make it (0,0,0)

Please help me understand what's the issue and how to determine WCS, tool plane and rotary axis.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Rotary axis planes determining - WCS and tool plane

please can you share post-processor file [email protected]

what toolpath are you trying to using to cut this? now the WCS for the 4th is the machine WCS for this 4th? if you are doing a multiaxis toolpath output as a 4th or say multiaxis rotary, I would align with the machine WCS and program from the top for that WCS. what version of MC are programming in>
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Look in the axis control in one of your tool paths. if you click on Axis control you should see on the right top, 4-axis with 5-axis under it. If you don't see that you need to get your post fixed. Using top is correct. If you click on the top plane it should give you a view of looking down on the 4-th axis, or looking down at the machine table.

Quote Originally Posted by RickPhillips View Post
    Look in the axis control in one of your tool paths. if you click on Axis control you should see on the right top, 4-axis with 5-axis under it. If you don't see that you need to get your post fixed. Using top is correct. If you click on the top plane it should give you a view of looking down on the 4-th axis, or looking down at the machine table.
    This will help look for what Rick is trying to point you towards. But if you picked one of the Generic 4th machine defs then this what you would see. this is the Generic Haas 4th Machine def for example.

I do not think this is your issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails axis combo info.jpg  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Hi

Change this in your post file

And you have your A axsis in Y direction on your table:
    if (true) {
    var aAxis = createAxis({coordinate:0, table:true, axis:[(getProperty("makeAAxisOtherWay") ? -1 : 1) * 0, -1, 0], cyclic:true, preference:0});
    machineConfiguration = new MachineConfiguration(aAxis);

Eis

Quote Originally Posted by eisendud View Post
    Hi

Change this in your post file

And you have your A axsis in Y direction on your table:
    if (true) {
    var aAxis = createAxis({coordinate:0, table:true, axis:[(getProperty("makeAAxisOtherWay") ? -1 : 1) * 0, -1, 0], cyclic:true, preference:0});
    machineConfiguration = new MachineConfiguration(aAxis);

Eis
    This is NOT mastercam programming language in the post