584,861 active members*
5,032 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > BIESSE Rover 346 PLC9001 and PLC 9004

BIESSE Rover 346 PLC9001 and PLC 9004

Hi all,

I've been tasked with getting a Biesse Rover 346 up and running in our shop and its proving to be a bit of a challenge. I'm more familiar with software other than hardware so forgive my ignorance. I am getting errors PLC9001 and PLC 9004 (as well as a few others that I think can be resolved by solving the first two)

The manuals I have indicate that PLC 9001 Thermic Relays KO can be solved by simply starting the vacuum pump. However my "green button" doesn't seem to start it despite it working a while ago. Within the relays in the back pressing the test button starts the pump so long as its held in, and it shows that there is voltage on both sides of it when compared to ground with no significant drop. What should I check next?

PLC9004 has me more stumped. its labeled as an "Inverter Emergency" and the manual I have suggests refreshing the PLC. I'm unsure how to do that, I've rebooted the system multiple times as well as checked (and turned off/on) all the switches in the relays in the box. Any ideas?

Thanks all, this looks like a good community and I'm glad to have found it.

Re: BIESSE Rover 346 PLC9001 and PLC 9004

Update: the PLC9001 was indeed the vacuum pump. While I'm having trouble getting it to run consistently (any insights would be great) when it runs the error goes away.

PLC9004 is still stumped. I've gone into the PLC debug menu and killed/rebooted the PLC multiple times. It doesn't make much of a difference, although it brings up some I/O configuration errors related to one of the keyboards when I do that.

Hello, does any of the inverters show any type of message on their displays ? They should be in ready mode after you power up the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by coc9 View Post
    Hello, does any of the inverters show any type of message on their displays ? They should be in ready mode after you power up the machine.
    Sorry for not responding to you, I hadn't realized anyone had.

We managed to progress past those errors, The keyboard was shorting causing the "stop" and "reset" keys to not behave properly. As a result we couldn't reset the machine.

Oh, nice it works now.