584,833 active members*
5,486 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > OpenSource Software > GRBL Sender New Interface Questions

GRBL Sender New Interface Questions

Hi all!

right now I am part of a group of graduate students this semester which task is to improve an software interface (for Human computer Interface Class). Features for the new Design will depend on users/the community.

For that we have created some questions regarding what you like or don't actual Interface of Grbl sender, what features you like, etc.

This interface prototype we expect it to have it "ready" next month, what we kindly ask the community if you are willing to fill some questions in the questionnaire below:

https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9B0sXiXIlguLqVE

Best Regards,
    Edwin Marte

Re: GRBL Sender New Interface Questions

I suggest you take a look at this GCode Sender for some ideas. I think it is the best out there and has done much to make the experience much more approachable. It works with and Grbl but shines with grblHAL.

Thank you philba! we need to all the way through the research process and listen to customers/clients/users besides looking to existing solutions as part of our class.

We also need a meeting with 4 people next week. If anybody would be able to meet for about 20 minus or so to discuss about features and experiences about Gbrl - G-code Senders that would be awesome. If so please send a Private message to provide you with more details.

Thank yo!

About that survey:
    I answered NO to the last question because I'm not interested in being on a mailing list. If it's on github or similar I'll give it a try.
    Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

Thank you cyclestart for taking the time for providing feedback, it will be very useful to us.

I understand how you feel about privacy. I was checking the survey page and it was a mistake in our part that we left the last question (email and name) in our last edit. Privacy is very important to us and at this moment we are no requesting any personal information at all.

We do need to virtual meet with 4 people next week . And later on hopefully to get 30 participants to try our app.
    This is for a graduate class at University of Florida, with the main goal of Research in UI/UX design.

I am not sure yet if we are going to have everything in GitHub, can provide more info that later on. What is for sure there is not way that we are creating a mailing list at all, that is not the purpose of our project which has no any financial implications.

Thank you once again for your time.

Edwin