I'm currently looking into working with different Work Offsets and I have a bit of a hard time understanding the differente and relations between Work Position and Coordinate System.
I'm more or less sure that the confusion mainly is caused by me being an absolute novice in machining, so if someone could shed some light into this it would be greatly appreciated.

I have two vices installed on my machine and I want to machine the same part in both of them to reduce tool change time. From my understanding I can achieve this by running the same gcode in different coordinate systems and switching between them on the fly. Machine Part 1 with tool 1 in G54, and repeated the same code a second time with G55.
In general this seems to be working as expected, however I'm struggling with setting the Origin for G54 and G55 correctly.
From a hierarchy point of view I always thought that I would have the Machine Coordinate Systems on top, followed by the G54/G55 Coordinate System. But it seems that with Planet CNC there is a third Work Position in between the two.
When using the default buttons for "Work Position XY/Z" To zero it shifts not only the currently G5* but ALL of them.
I figured that I need to use the Buttons
Machine->Coordinate Systems->Axis To Zero..... to set the Origin for each G5* individually.
Beside this I figured that switching in Settings->User Interface->Position->Command from Work Position to Coordinate System would change the behavior of the XYZ Buttons in the user Interface to change only the current active G5*

So while ignoring the Menü buttons on the left menu and working with "Machine->Coordinate Systems->....." buttons seems to give me the desired result I don't really understand the benefit of the "Work Position" Coordinate system in between and I'm not sure if I'm going with the correct approach or if I do something fundamentally wrong.

best Regards,
Klaus