585,712 active members*
4,235 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > MAPPS Parameters for a Mori Seiki NL

MAPPS Parameters for a Mori Seiki NL

I am not sure this is the right place for this post, but I am putting it here because I can't find one that seems to match closer.

I am using some Mori NL's that are equipped with MAPPS and CAPS-SERVER. We use the CAPS-SERVER for downloading programs to the machines, but the newer ones are limited as to how many files they will read in off our network. This forces us to save all our programs in a separate folder for downloading and then move them around when we don't need them, it's really a big hassle with potential for disastrous problems. Our oldest machine of the three (as well as 3 machining centers) will allow us to view our entire network directory through the CAPS system at the machine, but the newer two NL's will not. I would like to know which parameter (I am pretty sure it's a MAPPS parameter) needs to be changed so it will quit limiting the number of files it will allow us to view and choose from for downloading.

Thanks,
    Travis

I am having this exact same issue, i am hoping that you have found an answer to this that you could share with me. I have called Ask Mori for help, they were not helpful.

please, is there anyone that can help me with this?
    Thanks
    Scott

I regret to inform you that we never did find a solution to this problem. Mori Seiki is of no help whatsoever, and our machine dealer couldn't obtain a solution either, regardless of their efforts. Apparently, Mori wants to take provide a superior machine for lots of money, but then cripple us with poor memory capability, limited work offset, and piss-poor networking functionality. Unless, of course, you want to pay a helluva lot more money.

Honestly, you'd think that for the money they already charge for a machine, they'd be more apt to offer some of these 'options' as standard, like many of their less expensive competitors.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,

Travis Minnig

Mori seiki

Hey guys
    We have mori NL-3000 few monthes old, it came with craps oh sorry
    capps and mori server installed.we don,t use capps but server we had same problem like you guys are having and lot other, I don,t know how
    they fixed it, but they were there for over a week. sorry I don,t know
    what parameter that is. What i will see if i can find out.
    I used mori ten years ago old machine that was all right. but this
    one is piece of crap

Change MAPPS par 1185 to "1" for write enable. Change par 2024 to "0" for display all folders (same as memory card). Return par 1185 to "0".