584,842 active members*
4,196 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma LT10M run without robot
Page 1 of 2 12

Okuma LT10M run without robot

Hello everybody.
    Does anybody know how to run the machine if the robot doesn't connected to it?
    What we have now. E-stop was released, hydraulics works. Now we have BDU alarm and interlock alarm.
    To clear BDU alarm I need to clear alarm on robot BLIV amplifier(servo motors don't connected). I believe it's alarm1 + com wires. So I will disengage robot additional axis. To release interlock I need to set additional safety relay for the robot.
    The question is there any simpler way to run the machine without robot?

Re: Okuma LT10M run without robot

What is the control unit model?
    5000,7000,U100,E100 or P200
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

It's 7000L.(1997y)

Must search robot connection diagrams in electrical drawing who a good electronic technician.
    it must try short circuit (jump) all emergency button connections of robots.

So the way to disengage robot is to "say" it is ready for operation (jump some wires). I have all wires diagram. Robot is rooted to the machine initially. It has additional CPU board. I thought may be somebody know how to force machine run from the operator panel. Emergency button on the robot already short, it's a first thing that we do to make hydraulics run.
    Last edited by Mihail_; 02-19-2021 at 11:10 AM.

other solution is make disable all robot specification in software of cnc.

Okay, does anybody have this specification?
    I think there must be some algorithm.

does anybody have this specification
    You should contact local Okuma representative.
    Can you attach the diagram here? Some "ready" and "OK" signals must be shortened as well. Depending on the region safety regulations, there could be a lock on the robot's side, this also should give the right signal.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PDl...ew?usp=sharing
    Does anybody know how to clear alarm from robot servo amplifier? I need to disengage these axis.

To remove the robot from OSP7000 specification you need to ask support from your local Okuma representative.
    Otherwise it's really hard to achieve:
    page 68 robot air source pressure - looks like it is the robot input. Maybe reaction needed when it turns to 1.
    page 69 swing interlock - looks like it is the robot input. Maybe reaction needed after turns to 1.
    page 69 srobot on - looks like it is the robot input. Maybe reaction needed when it turns to 1.
    page 71 robot teaching panel. perhaps, CNTIN CNTCOM must be shortened? Emergency stop, of course.
    page 72 system link on - maybe robot inputs must produce reaction ( show life ) on machine start and "link off" status is good for work without the robot?
    page 73 important: EStop and door close confirmation
    page 74 maybe these signals require response from robot side?
    page 74 and 75 look: safety fence closed confirm and so ...
    page 75 emergency from safety fence. You don't need the separate, since you collect all robot emergency stops in one place. They are connected in series.
    page 76 look here "robot SVP drive is on" maybe this signal causes the alarm on OSP?
    There is also signal "Robot BDU ON"

It was easier than I expected.
    So, here is instruction.
    1. Need to check all E-stop buttons. They are all must be normally closed. p.75 E-stop on robot must be short PB503 and PG301.
    2. After that check all safety relay circut: KA21(E-stop + all magnetic contactors), KA61(door close), KA71(Robot).
    If everything is fine, hydraulic starts working.
    We got BDU alarm (robot alarm).
    3. To clear this alarm you need to put a jumper between AN301 and AP305 p.79
    When you did this BDU alarm was cleared, and you got feed axis stroke end alarm. (robot alarm)
    4. Than you need to put jumper between AF106 and AF107 (robot switch limit), check page 79 and 20.
    Servo starts running.
    5. I also put a jumper between PB512 and PB513 (to avoid KA71). P.73
    So axis starts jogging, that's it.
    Thank you all who can try to help.
    Some guy PM me to copy FR0C:\LNCS000A.SPC file to floppy. I try to find this file, but due to lack of knowledge this NC I can't find it.

Congratulations!
    Make detailed notes. Five years later you will need to attach robot back.

Thank you all for help. Here is some video of running this machine https://youtu.be/7vLUuiI_u20

May be some one knows how to use tool presetter for A(upper) turret with right spindle?

Since Lower turret doesn't move in Z, the upper presetter cannot be used. Lower presetter attached to sub spindle is required in order to obtain the needed movement.

You have upper but not lower?
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

There are two presseters on the right spindle.
    One I use for lower turret.
    How to use another one?
    I try to switch W axis, or choose upper turret with right spindle but axis won't move, won't measure offsets.

May be upper turret should be in Z limit? Will try tomorrow.

It’s common to set upper turret positive Z limit so that it will not retract past about 1/2 way to the sub. This is done to prevent turret collisions. Then when switching to the R spindle mode G141 it gets a new coordinate system and a new set of limits to work with so it usually works out well. However with the TS mounted on the sub, it probably can only touch off sub tools in sub mode. To touch off main tools you will need to set G140 Z positive limit to it’s max. This can be done by adding 0 to the stroke end limit when in main spindle mode. It will automatically set the variable limit to it’s max when you add 0 to the Stroke end limit. Be sure to write down the current Variable limit before changing so you can go back to it. I think once you do that you will be able to touch if tools in both spindle modes with the upper turret.

Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Thank you OkumaWiz for help. But I didn't try to change any limits yet. I'm worry that something goes wrong. It looks everything is okay with the limit.
    Main spindle with A turret limit ZA from 541. to -121.
    Sub spindle with A turret limit ZA from 714. to 17.5

A turret moves on Z without any barrier to sub spindle in jog mode. I tried to measure tool when A turret and sub spindle were in soft limits (like very long tool), but nothing changes. Will try to set offset manual first.

Hi everybody)

Does any one know how to change interference between spindles using parameter?
    OSP7000L, parameter long word #50 doesn't work. I changed parameter 50 to 40000 than add -40000. But ZB won't move closer to spindle.
    Finally it was faster to rotate ZB ball screw while motor stand still than find the correct parameter.
    But this was so wrong)

Page 1 of 2 12