584,837 active members*
5,367 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Machining data from ethernet: How to get Makino Pro 6 alarms on Fanuc

Question Machining data from ethernet: How to get Makino Pro 6 alarms on Fanuc

Friends, we are collecting machining data from ethernet using mtconnect. The machine is running Makino Pro 6. We realized that we are getting the alarms generated by Fanuc 31i only, not getting the alarms generated by Pro 6. How to configure the controller to send the alarms to Fanuc / ethernet? Thanks in advance.

Re: Machining data from ethernet: How to get Makino Pro 6 alarms on Fanuc

Hey Amit,

We are doing the exact same thing and having the same issue. We could get all the diagnostic data from the Fanuc side but not the Pro 6.

Did you manage to find a solution?

Thank you!

hi
    I have makino pro6 SDK.
    use it support get fanuc system and pro6 system all data.
    my email [email protected]

please, what kind of data is being colected by mtconect ? what are it's features ?

kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

We are able to gather data for basically every sensor that is connected to the Makino. For instance we can find out the trend of the load increases on the spindle right before the tool breaks, so now we can put a Load limit to change the tool before it breaks.
    There are a lot of possibility of what you can do here, just what you do with the data.

From my understanding, mtconnect is just a universal translator such that accessing data would be easier across different machine brands. i.e instead of trying to figure out what every one is saying across different countries, everyone agreed to translate their language to English so we don't have to learn every language communicate.

hy aadinug, ok so you can gather load data; at what frequency ?

also, can you please provide a full list of available data ? thank you
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg