585,585 active members*
3,699 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Is HSM Option Needed to run Fusion 3D Tool Paths

Is HSM Option Needed to run Fusion 3D Tool Paths

Is the High Speed Machining option needed in the Haas Control to run Fusion 3D tool paths like adaptive clearing? What are the benefits of the HSM option?

Re: Is HSM Option Needed to run Fusion 3D Tool Paths

The tool path can get quite jerky when going at a high feed rate without having that look ahead feature turned on. I've never used Fusion but in Mastercam, you can mitigate that issue somewhat with 'Arc Filtering/Tolerance' which reduces the code. If you're cutting softer materials on the daily, I suggest paying to unlock the code, otherwise if you haven't turned it on, you get a considerable amount of time to try it out for free, think its 1000 hours.

Thank you for your response. You can get 200 hours of use before having to pay for it. I'd like to see the difference on an an actual part and machining time difference of the two. I am getting close to making a decision on a mini mill or mini mill 2.

Pretty sure it's not required. The CAM is HSMWorks for you? You can review a lot in the post processor file . There is often a lot to read in there and can give hints of things to check/dig into. Tuning your post processor as they can say. (I've never really looked on your version or anyting... but done my share of tuning our old Haas and Fusion and the HSMWorks CAM.
    Some interesting stuff here even on configuration places and items (if you have not seen this stuff before) .
    https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/machi...e/td-p/6203502

Peace.
    CG