585,752 active members*
4,110 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Dynomotion

Page 8 of 8 678

Re: Dynomotion

Hi Mark,

Ok. Do you know what 50 counts represents? There are 75000 counts/inch.
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Tom,

Explain.

Thanks,

To convert counts to inches divide the counts by 75000
    TK

Tom,

.0006666, the counts seem somewhat low, I'm not sure what an acceptable level is supposed to be.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Are you more familiar with metric or English units? Do you have an idea of what 0.00066 inches is?

You need to determine what is acceptable to you. I'm not really aware of what type of machine this is or what you intend to do with it. Also how fast you need the machine to operate will change the errors. Errors will be smaller when moving slowly compared to when moving faster.

If you don't understand these things it might be best to just move forward to the point you can actually cut parts and then decide if they are acceptable. At this point I don't see any easy way to improve things further.

I'd suggest to move forward and do another axis.

HTH
    TK

Good morning all,

I just finished up tuning my Y axis, It almost mirrored the "X" axis as far a tuning parameters. My "Z" axis servo was sent off to DMM for repair, I just got it back and in the process of getting it mounted, In the mean time, I thought I would work on getting a MPG set up and wired directly to the KFLOP JP6 Terminal. I tried to match the wiring schematics from the WIKI site. Tom, please let me know if I need to change anything. If this is correct, I will move forward with the MPG.

This might be a question for Jim, the attached schematic utilizes 3 wires for the MPG E-stop and in our original schematic we only utilized 2 wires, do all 3 wires need to be utilized for proper operation?

KFLOP MPG
    PIN # DESC DESC ******WIRE COLOR***** PIN
    + LAMP LIGHT PURPLE CONNECT TO 5V FROM VDD5 KFLOP
    1 VDD5 5V RED 1
    2 VDD12 - - 2
    3 VDD3.3 3.3 COM PURPLE 3
    4 RESET # - - 4
    5 IO26_3V A + YELLOW 5
    6 IO27_3V B + WHITE 6
    7 IO28_3V X SELECT BROWN 7
    8 GND GND BLACK 8
    9 GND LAMP GND BLACK / WHITE 9
    10 IO29_3V Y SELECT ORANGE 10
    11 IO30_3V Z SELECT LIGHT BLUE 11
    12 IO31_3V 4 SELECT BLUE 12
    13 IO32_3V X 1 GREEN 13
    14 IO33_3V X 100 BLUE / BLACK 14
    15 IO34_3V A - PINK 15
    16 IO35_3V B - TRANSPARENT 16
    E-STOP
    E-STOP RTN

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

The A- and B- (PINK TRANSPARENT) do not need to be connected.

Actually since the MPG has differential outputs it would be better to make use of a spare Kanalog Differential encoder input it looks like you have a several available:

Attachment 475674

If it were me I think I would move the EStop forward so if the EStop is tripped and someone pushes the Enable button the system will not come on.

Attachment 475668
    TK

Good morning,

If it were me I think I would move the EStop forward so if the EStop is tripped and someone pushes the Enable button the system will not come on.

I'm in the process of revising the wiring schematic per your recommendations for the E-stop, I talked to Jim about it last night since he designed that particular circuit, it should be done tonight after I get home.

The A- and B- (PINK TRANSPARENT) do not need to be connected.

I will also remove the A- and B- from the drawing and my pinout table. I have been trying to keep my excel tables and wiring schematics as revisions are made.

KFLOP MPG
    PIN # DESC DESC ******WIRE COLOR***** PIN
    + LAMP LIGHT PURPLE CONNECT TO 5V FROM VDD5 KFLOP
    1 VDD5 5V RED 1
    2 VDD12 - - 2
    3 VDD3.3 3.3 COM PURPLE 3
    4 RESET # - - 4
    5 IO26_3V A + YELLOW 5
    6 IO27_3V B + WHITE 6
    7 IO28_3V X SELECT BROWN 7
    8 GND GND BLACK 8
    9 GND LAMP GND BLACK / WHITE 9
    10 IO29_3V Y SELECT ORANGE 10
    11 IO30_3V Z SELECT LIGHT BLUE 11
    12 IO31_3V 4 SELECT BLUE 12
    13 IO32_3V X 1 GREEN 13
    14 IO33_3V X 100 BLUE / BLACK 14
    E-STOP
    E-STOP RTN

Actually since the MPG has differential outputs it would be better to make use of a spare Kanalog Differential encoder input it looks like you have a several available:

Yes, I do have differential encoder inputs available, since I haven't added a linear knee scale as of yet, would it be advisable to utilize CHA+7 and CHA-7 for the encoder A+ (Yellow) and B+ (White) circuits, or do I need to CHA+7 CHB+7 channels?

Thanks for you input!

Mark

Yes, I do have differential encoder inputs available, since I haven't added a linear knee scale as of yet, would it be advisable to utilize CHA+7 and CHA-7 for the encoder A+ (Yellow) and B+ (White) circuits, or do I need to CHA+7 CHB+7 channels?
    An encoder must be wired to a set of CHA+ CHA- CHB+ CHB- pins of the same channel. Index pulses can be wired to any free A or B input of any channel. So you would need to move your index inputs to permit the encoder to be added.
    TK

Good Morning Everyone,

I was going to hold off on a knee linear scale at this time, but going to start keeping my eyes open, does Kannalog prefer a particular type of linear scale? Has anyone else installed one on their knee? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark

The Linear Scale should have 5V differential outputs. The higher resolution the better as I doubt max speed would be an issue at 1 million quadrature counts per second.

Optical scales have very high precision as they are usually based on 20um optical glass scales, but may need accurate alignment and can fail due to contamination. Magnetic scales can be much more tolerant to contamination and alignment, but because they are usually based on 1mm pitched magnets and a high level of interpolation, tend to be less precise and the position readout may be "noisy".

HTH
    TK

Hello All,

I got my servo back from DMM, It is mounted and I have started the tuning process of the "Z" axis. While I was waiting for the servo to be repaired, I worked on a couple more topics. I purchased a linear scale for the knee, waiting for that to arrive and install. I also worked on the mister control, lube pump, and wiring the MPG circuits. The lube pump will be wired directly to the TECO VFD R1A terminal output relay and programmed to operate when the spindle is turning. The mister will be wired directly to Kannalog JP8 Terminals, relay drivers SW0 terminal, it is also wired through the OR relay board that has been installed on previous circuits. For the Mister, I will utilize a 24VDC solenoid from automation direct (DVD-2AC2A-24D) Nitra solenoid value, 2-way, 2-position NC with 1/4” female NPT inlet and outlet. I would be running this directly from the SW0 terminal on JP8 connector (24V /1A) relay drivers. The Mister will be turned on and off by M08 and M09 in the program.

What are your thoughts on these circuits? I have attached the wiring schematic for your approval, Tom

Lube Pump is on page 11
    Knee Scale is on page 12
    Mist Control is on page 15

Thanks,

Mark

I found something that indicates the TECO VFD R1A relay contacts are rated for 1 Amp. Does the Lube Pump consume less than that?

Regarding Knee Scale: usually its best to connect cable shields to the DC GND of the receiving circuit which would be Kanalog GND not earth GND. But if that creates a GND loop it might be better as you have it.

Otherwise looks reasonable to me.
    TK

Hello Tom,

I hope all is well with everyone, I'm back at it after a short break. I have updated my wiring and added a scale on my knee, do I need retune and save parameters as a 4-axis file or can I add an additional axis to my current 3-axis profile from within the software?

Thanks,

How do you intend to use the knee and how does it function?

Most likely you will want to add an additional KFLOP axis to read the linear scale position. Configure an axis with encoder input, copy it to the clipboard, and paste it into your initiation C Program.

A common approach is to zero the knee position initially. Then if the knee is moved, read the position, and add the amount of movement to a GCode offset. Then re-zero the position.

HTH
    TK

Page 8 of 8 678