585,758 active members*
4,521 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

code 86 dr signal off

I have a fanuc 16i-t, the dnc was working fine and has now started giving error code 86 dr signal off..can someone help with this error.What should I check, could it be a parameter been changed or hardware..cable is fine get signal from pc to machine serial port but no signal from controller to serial port when program is punched to dnc pc....

Thanks
    CBNDude

I am also getting that same error code on my machine, I am working on how to fix it. I will let you know how I did it when I do it.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

On a Fanuc DR usually refers to the signal on pin 6 of both 25pin and 9 pin D connectors, if you have the hardware handshake jumpered out, this should be 6,8 & 20 jumpered out on a 25pin.
    Otherwise with handshake connected DR usually connects to ER on the oposite end.
    ER is 4 on 9pin & 20 on a 25pin.
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Ok this problem is getting really bother-some..Still have not found source of problem.........HELP PLease

The issue might be you are trying to send out the wrong CHANNEL. Fanuc controls have CH0, 1, 2, etc and when you are changing parameters, you have the abillity to send and receive out various channels.

For example, you could load machine data into the control on CH0, and output OFFSETS, or PROBE Data via another port, CH1. Therefore, when you are attempting to PUNCH the data is going out a Channel that does not have a cable attached, therefore DSR is off.
    Greg Mercurio
    Shop Floor Automations, Inc.
    www.shopfloorautomations.com
    (619) 461-4000 Tel

I am having a similar problem with a 6mb on my Mori-Seiki. I can download to the pc but suddenly cannot upload to the machine,boom error 86 . We have changed to a different pc, swapped out cable and replaced the i/o Punch board. The service tech hooked a break out box to the rs 232 port and determined it to be in the machine. Now they (service tech) want to pull the entire motherboard and send it in for repair. I drew the line there.
    There has got to be a way to check things out and not have to tear the machine apart to fix it. Any ideas?

Chip -

You can get an RS232 Tester from Radio Shack #276-1401 for $15. Put it on the end of the RS232 cable next to the CNC without connecting it to the CNC. You should see RD lit, then flicker once you transmit. This will prove data is getting to the end of the cable. However, depending on the software and wiring, your cable will need to built correctly. If you are using software flow control, most of do, only 2, 3 and 7 are important. You must jump 6-8-20 together at the CNC. The PC does not matter.
    If you have a bad soldier job or the pins are loose, you will see this! I have! Check the connector.

Also, you can eliminiate that game by using a hardware flow control cable, crossing 4 and 5 on both ends if DB25 to DB25.

If you want a for sure solution, order one of our cables and if it does not work, I will take it back and pay for the return shipping. Over 60% of our technical calls are because of crappy cables and wrong pinouts.
    Greg Mercurio
    (619) 461-4000 Tel

SFA, is on to something we had 2 machines with DR off alarm one was a broken soldier at connecter..the other we have yet to find but will post back when we do....and SFA I got a quote from ur company the other day on predator dnc...

Contacted
    Radio Shack and that part number is no longer stocked with no replacement. They did find another store with it in inventory, but supplies are running thin.
    Will let you know once I give it a try.

Matt

I just went to Radio Shack and it looks like the item is now clearanced! Selling them for $9.97 each. My "shack" had 7 of them so I took them all

If you need one, let me know and I will be happy to sell them to you. I have more on the way from CHINA and will be selling them for $20.00 which includes shipping.

I found a new business
    Greg Mercurio
    (619) 461-4000 Tel

Well I got my mini tester. Plugged into the cable without the machine it looks good with RD lit and a faint flicker as I send data. Once I plug it and the cable into the machines RS-232 port, the light goes out completely.
    All other lights are on. Sending into the machine works, Sending out error.

Any ideas?
    Matt

Plug the cable into the CNC. At the PC end, plug in the RS232 tester - RD will be lit.
    Tranmit from the CNC out to the PC and you will need to see RD lit.

An 086 alarm is either 6-8-20 and 4-5 are not jumpered or bad soldier job, or you are on the wrong port / channel at the CNC.

The point is that sending from the PC works and data is accepted, but the machine does not think it has a "DEVICE" or cable attached to it saving back to the PC and warns you with the 086 alarm. By putting the tester next to the PC and attempting to punch / output, the RD should flash.
    Greg Mercurio
    (619) 461-4000 Tel

Got it running. The problem was a series of problems. We initially determined that it was the CRT/PUNCHER board. Replacing it made no difference (086 alarm). So the old board was put back in. Once I tried the RS232 tester on the machine all lights were lit with the exception of RD. Actually this did show a problem (but I didn't know that).
    I purchased a cable from Shop Floor Automation. This solved the 086 alarm, but still would not recieve from computer. Replaced the CRT/Puncher board. Now all lights on the tester light up. Still not able to communicate though.
    Hooked up another computer (engineering with MasterCam). Sent a program using MasterCam and it went through. Problem solved. Almost. It is either the serial port on the computer or the software. When transmitting the RD light barely flickers, does anyone know if this is anything that can be set up in the computer com port parameters? Windows 98 using PCDNC .

The key is that RD is lit or flickering. It might be a "flick" based on the size of the file and speed of the transmission. Pick a long file and make sure that you see the RD changing.

The 086 alarm is based on jumpers or port not being used; if the 086 alarm is gone, then our cable helped - (Nice cables by the way from SFA).

Again start by sending from the CNC back to the software (Mastercam). Is RD lit at the end of the cable next to the CNC? If not, then the machine might not be sending data.

Do the reverse test, take the tester and put it on the CN230; transmit from the PC and see if RD lights.

Give me a call if you need more help!
    Greg Mercurio
    (619) 461-4000 Tel

Hallo
    Can you help me fix the problem fanuc alarm display 8
    The drive servo after 0(zero) back again to 8 again and again evry time