584,846 active members*
3,867 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Colchester Tornado lathes > colchester cnc 2000l elctrical manual need

colchester cnc 2000l elctrical manual need

i have cnc 2000l, lubrication low indicator on but missing the lubrication flot switch input wire, i have not electrical manual ,please help me, which input lub level low ,wire no. and input no.

Re: colchester cnc 2000l elctrical manual need

Sir pls

Hi surj i have same machine with similar problem.
    The lube lite comes off a float magnetic switch situated in the top box adjacent spindle. Looks like after a while the magnet just falls off the float so most people just permanently join the wires to continuously send the full signal.
    My lube lite is on and the wires are present and joined together however lube lite is still on so spindle wont run.
    There maybe a perameter to isloate it but finding someone to help is tricky.
    My guess is yours has been shorted in the control box and you have same problem.
    I did connect and disconnect wires and it worked one time and spindle started up.
    My guess is a sticking relay in box

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Richfromwilts View Post
    Hi surj i have same machine with similar problem.
    The lube lite comes off a float magnetic switch situated in the top box adjacent spindle. Looks like after a while the magnet just falls off the float so most people just permanently join the wires to continuously send the full signal.
    My lube lite is on and the wires are present and joined together however lube lite is still on so spindle wont run.
    There maybe a perameter to isloate it but finding someone to help is tricky.
    My guess is yours has been shorted in the control box and you have same problem.
    I did connect and disconnect wires and it worked one time and spindle started up.
    My guess is a sticking relay in box

Richard
    It may help someone in the future.
    Turned out to be a dry soldered joint on the plug marked cl16 on the long white rack of 20x plugs
    inside the rear of the machine.
    This rack has a lot of cables hanging down which get moved during servicing. this is what made a poor
    connection inside the plug. Moving the cable got the lube light flashing.

Also this long rack of plugs are all connected to the bank of relays approx 18x on the lower left side of the
    rear of the machine. These relays are all the same and not made any more but the equivelent is available.

These relays are all connected to the row of plugs above and marked to match the relay.

They control most switching functions on the fanuc control such as feed, lube, jog etc.

If you get a fault with any of these not extingusing or failing most probably these small relays are sticking.
    Swap them over and see if the problem moves!

I would love to get a wiring diagram for these machines for somewhere????

Richard

Hi everyone. I have Colchester 2000L with OT-A control. I need its electrical manual. Please help me to find its electrical manual.
    My email id is [email protected]