584,846 active members*
4,447 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Uncategorised WoodWorking Machines > Laguna IQ help, Z Axis ignores feedrates in Gcode?

Laguna IQ help, Z Axis ignores feedrates in Gcode?

Hi guys, anyone on here have a Laguna IQ or a machine with a RichAuto A11E control. I have a problem where my machine has all z axis feed rates overridden by the set work parameters speeds when you run a program. All X/Y feed rates are operating at the gcode programmed federates. There has to be a setting not turned on in the control. I have enabled under auto pro setup/ G code setup to F read = ReadF. This was not turned on by default. I'm using the vectric laguna IQ HHC post. How do I get the control to operate z axis feedrates at the speeds in the gcode?

Thanks so much. Here is my Gcode:
    (Filename: test 1)
    N10M03S18000
    N20G00X0.000Y0.000Z19.050
    N30G00Z5.080
    N40G1Z-25.400F254.0
    N50G1Y203.200F2540.0
    N60G1X127.000
    N70G1Y0.000
    N80G1X0.000
    N90G00Z19.050
    N100G00Z19.304
    N110M05
    N120M30
    %

It obviously has a 254.0 feed rate for the Z-axis plunge move but no matter what when the program runs it uses the settings in the set work parameters. For those not familiar with this control when you chose to run a program there is a set program parameter screen that you select a work speed, a rapid speed, and a fall down which is the % of work speed the Z-axis runs at and there is a scale setting I believe as well. If there are no feed rates in the gcode or the F read setting in the control is set to ignore F the control defaults to these. I have enabled in the control the setting that enables feed rates from the gcode but for some reason the control ignores the Z-axis feedrates and uses the set work parameter settings.

If anyone can tell me what the setting is I have to change you will be my idol. I've filed a ticket with Laguna but I'm learning they are very slow to respond.

Re: Laguna IQ help, Z Axis ignores feedrates in Gcode?

Hi Guys, I figured it out. When using feed rate in the gcode you have to have the fall down set to 1 to utilize the full speed of the gcode feed rate. This is why mine wasn't reading the correct feed rate. What made it more confusing is my machine is set to have it's slowest Z axis feedrate to 100mm so it wasn't showing 10% of 254 and that made me even more confused. Thanks for the help, Hopefully this helps someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by suade907 View Post
    Hi Guys, I figured it out. When using feed rate in the gcode you have to have the fall down set to 1 to utilize the full speed of the gcode feed rate. This is why mine wasn't reading the correct feed rate. What made it more confusing is my machine is set to have it's slowest Z axis feedrate to 100mm so it wasn't showing 10% of 254 and that made me even more confused. Thanks for the help, Hopefully this helps someone else.
    Thank you! I had the same problem and this fall down setting appears to be the problem. Mine was set to 0.2.

I'm surprised how poorly configured the iq was when I received it. Their documentation is pretty scattered and the formal manual is way too vague and falls to include most all the important settings. It's perplexing why their info is so lacking.

Re: Laguna IQ help, Z Axis ignores feedrates in Gcode?

Quote Originally Posted by YotaMD View Post
    Thank you! I had the same problem and this fall down setting appears to be the problem. Mine was set to 0.2.

I'm surprised how poorly configured the iq was when I received it. Their documentation is pretty scattered and the formal manual is way too vague and falls to include most all the important settings. It's perplexing why their info is so lacking.

The manuals are garbage and their service inst much better. really disappointed. The controller is so simplified is actually makes things more difficult. I also greatly despise the fact the X and Y axis cannot be set apart from each other and both zero at the same time. The ATC and tooling offsets are very weird and makes for less of a user friendly setup. I would much rather touch off all of my tools individually from the work surface rather than having them be an offset of tool 1 because when using tooling like facing mill with a recessed center it touches off and the tooling height is now incorrect. i can change it in the Z height in the g code but haven't figured it out on the controller yet. I also had a bunch of issues with my spindle harness, the dust collection kit they sent does not bolt to anything so i am not sure hoe its suppose to mount and they sent my machine with no coolant pump. Had to wait 2 weeks to get it just to find out i could have went to any hardware shop just to get a fish tank pump, Sorry for the rant its been a long 2 weeks dealing with this machine.