584,846 active members*
4,502 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

No comunication

Halle all,

I am new to this forum. I am interested in an Avid cnc Pro 4x4 or 4x8.
    I have sent them 3 emails and had to call them every time now to get a response to my mail. Is this normal with Avid ?
    For every mail I waited 3 days for them to respond before I called them, the last mail was a week ago ...
    I am strongly considering going into business with them at all if the communication is already so difficult

Re: No comunication

They prefer phone calls to emails. When I first night mine and had questions, they responded within a day to an email. Even then, they would call of you left your number instead of reply. I know they are not a large team of people and I've talked to Cory almost every time I've had an issue. One other person recently.
    I do like the details available with an email over conversation through a phone. Honestly though, this forum has been the best for most things and avid will jump in every so often in here. I've had my machine since 2017 and it uses mach 3. If searching in this forum doesn't help, ask a question. I've asked so many that, I'm sure, are basic to others. It helped me a lot.

Since I've purchased mine, and I tend not to choose the thing that becomes super popular, avid has grown and their presence on YouTube is insane. They had a handful of videos and 3 or 4 people had videos about them when I bought it. Now, almost every woodworking youtube person has one. Recently, I found a video about calibrating your axis and avid never mentioned doing this or having to do this in instructions.
    I ran through the calibration and it's even tighter than before.

Realizing this is a kit that takes time to get right, they will support it. Deep questions on the use or tweaking in some custom way it's easier through the community sometimes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Re: No comunication

Quote Originally Posted by Crimptonite View Post
    Halle all,

I am new to this forum. I am interested in an Avid cnc Pro 4x4 or 4x8.
    I have sent them 3 emails and had to call them every time now to get a response to my mail. Is this normal with Avid ?
    For every mail I waited 3 days for them to respond before I called them, the last mail was a week ago ...
    I am strongly considering going into business with them at all if the communication is already so difficult
    I usually communicate with Ahren, one of the co-founders, as I have met him and he has visited my house/shop. I can tell you that they are SUPER SWAMPED right now with work load (apparently after everyone started gardening and sucked up all the nursery plants and canning jars during the pandemic, they then took to the CNC hobby!). So you just need to be patient, they are a great company to work with.