584,829 active members*
5,014 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > arrow 500 with tool change problems

arrow 500 with tool change problems

Hi all has any body got the information on removing the tool change ejector shaft from the spindel housing we have got the tools to do the job but our manuals don't cover this part they only have the schematics which are drawings 1263168,and 61262073 so the procedure on removal would be great if any body should have it.

[QUOTE=greg b;2440190]Hi all has any body got the information on removing the tool change ejector shaft from the spindel housing we have got the tools to do the job but our manuals don't cover this part they only have the schematics which are drawings 1263168,and 61262073 so the procedure on removal would be great if any body should have it.[/QUOTE
    Hi does anybody know how high the draw bar end with the 2 flats on it should protrude out the top of the spring pack of the tool change ejector,or if there is a torque setting on the spring pack.I know what the shiming height should be for the pneumatic ram but I figured there should be a height or torque setting for the spring pack on the tool injector thanks for any help.

Re: arrow 500 with tool change problems

There is a spec from Cincinnati, but I believe it varies based on which spindle you have. I don't have the prints with me right now, but will see if I can find that tonight and let you know.

Thanks heaps mav the serial on the machine is serial 7042-aoa-97-1502 control dia 91203095 6000rpm spindel a2100 control cheers.

I can't be positive I looked at the correct print for your spindle because I didn't see the 61262073 drawing number you mentioned, but looked at a few different spindle drawings around that vintage, and there was a reference dimension from the end of the "push rod" to the top of the nut (5.53).

If you send me a PM with your e-mail I'll try to send a bit more information to you.

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    I can't be positive I looked at the correct print for your spindle because I didn't see the 61262073 drawing number you mentioned, but looked at a few different spindle drawings around that vintage, and there was a reference dimension from the end of the "push rod" to the top of the nut (5.53).

If you send me a PM with your e-mail I'll try to send a bit more information to you.
    Hi mate thanks for that,it appears I have the drawing that your looking at I can see that measurement for the knock-out rod I probably haven't made it clear the measurement or torque that is needed for the spring pack i can see on the drawing i have two reference lines for the spring installed height but the drawing doesn't give me the measurement if I can get this i can the shim the air cylinder to get the 6.63mm the are asking for.If I decided to remove the knock out rod and associated parts do I need to remove the spinde pack or can it be removed while the bearings are still in still in place.cheers greg.

Typically the Top of the Spring Collar (Nut) that compresses the Disk-Springs was set flush with bottom of the wrench flat on the Drawbar-Pushrod. It was adjusted +/- 1mm to obtain the 6,536N of pull force at Tool-Clamp per the ASSY print 61262073. Next the spacers under the Pneumatic Unclamp Cylinder were adjusted to obtain a Tool Knockout Dimension of .5mm to 1mm. Last the Tool Clamp & Tool Absent prox Switches are adjusted and the Tool Unclamp switch is adjusted.
    Greg W.