585,605 active members*
3,263 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC "do-it-yourself" > Home built CNC Mill what conduit did you use for limit sensors & stepper motors

Home built CNC Mill what conduit did you use for limit sensors & stepper motors

I'm in the middle of a CNC conversion to my Seig x2d mill and I'm trying to decide what cable conduits to use for the wires that will flex with axis movement. The stepper motor cable shielded but the limit/home sensors are not. I have access to plastic split loom and ends. Cheap but I'm concerned about metal chips from the mill falling into the inside of the conduit. I also have some 1/4 inch ID flexible stainless steel conduit. With a little drilling I can make it work with the 4 conductor aircraft connectors that I bought for the project. On the plus side it is tight so I wouldn't expect problems with metal chips getting inside. While I was proving the connectors could be modified to accept the metal conduit I noticed that the cut end of the conduit has some sharp edges. I think I can file them down and will probably be ok.

What type of wire conduit has anyone else used on a cnc mill build? I'm interested in what worked and what didn't.

Re: Home built CNC Mill what conduit did you use for limit sensors & stepper motors

Non-split flexible plastic conduit has worked fine for me on my PM25. I started using it since the Robodrills I worked on use it too, with no issues.

Re: Home built CNC Mill what conduit did you use for limit sensors & stepper motors

sounds good, where to you buy it? I looked on Amazon and all they seem to have in the 1/4 inch size I'm interested in is split.

I'm not sure if it goes down to 1/4". I've seen down to 1/2".

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-86665-...120815&sr=8-15

I finally found some by using the term non-slit conduit. I got the 1/4" size I was looking for. thanks.