584,829 active members*
5,330 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Dynapath Control?

Anyone ever use NCPlot to view, edit, and DNC g-code to a Dynapath control? Specifically a Lagunmatic VMC 3516 with a 40m control?

Re: Dynapath Control?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zuercher View Post
    Anyone ever use NCPlot to view, edit, and DNC g-code to a Dynapath control? Specifically a Lagunmatic VMC 3516 with a 40m control?
    ...1st check IF, your 40M has DNC...do this....Mode>Catalog>then type "RS232C" hit enter at your own risk...lol.

Buffering DNC was an Option and still available---maybe from USA. Check with your local Band Leaders..near you.

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...1st check IF, your 40M has DNC...do this....Mode>Catalog>then type "RS232C" hit enter at your own risk...lol.

Buffering DNC was an Option and still available---maybe from USA. Check with your local Band Leaders..near you.
    It does have the buffering option. And I have been able to send some gcode to it. I need some help with getting the proper format code that the machine will like. And setting up the machine configuration in NCPlot so it can actually plot that gcode.

As an example I can't make a g83 peck drill cycle work the control keeps giving me a 133 format error. Unfortunately this machine came with it's memory totally wiped and had no example code on it.

...here is an example Dynapath program may help. ( Note: Program names must be 8 bit or less.) Also, there is no MDI mode you may have noticed on Dynapath 40M a work around is name a Program called MDI and then use it when needed.

Do you have a Floppy drive on the CNC?
    Do you have a RS232 Null Modem Cable to PC?
    What O/S is your PC?
    Does NCPlot have DNC software? Because I do not see anything and you may need more software of some kind to Transfer programs via PC.

...here is an example Dynapath program may help. ( Note: Program names must be 8 bit or less.) Also, there is no MDI mode you may have noticed on Dynapath 40M a work around is name a Program called MDI and then use it when needed.

Do you have a Floppy drive on the CNC?
    Do you have a RS232 Null Modem Cable to PC?
    What O/S is your PC?
    Does NCPlot have DNC software? Because I do not see anything and you may need more software of some kind to Transfer programs via PC.
    Yes this machine has a floppy drive. (I used it to make backups of the machine parameters.)

Yes, I have a rs232 USB adapter.

We're using a Windows 10 laptop, with a USB RS232 adapter.

Yes, NCPlot has DNC capabilities. I've already used it to both upload and download gcode files to and from the Dynapath control.

I need help with some good examples of the gcode to run this machine, and programming NCPlot so it can interpret and plot it. (I can't see the code you posted right now because I'm on my phone.) Thanks, I hope it's helpful.

I looked at your gcode a bit. I won't be able to test it till I go to work Monday. One difference I can see is this Lagunmatic uses a 4 digit tool number set up. With the first two digits representing the tool number and the second two being the tool offset number (I think) so T0202 would be tool #2 offset #2. Your code is using H and D for the tool offset(s). I'm not sure if H and D are valid for this machine. Is there a command for activating and deactivating tool length comp simular to G43,G49 in Fanuc code?

I looked at your gcode a bit. I'm not sure if H and D are valid for this machine. Is there a command for activating and deactivating tool length
    ...fault/status button>system setting soft button...is whats available via MTB List

its just another Monday...sum where in time soon.. full report on truesday

Thank you,

All I had to do to your example code was change the tool numbers to the 4 digit style (T02 to T0202), and delete all of the H and D codes. After that I was able to run the file from memory, or drip feed directly.

Thank you,

All I had to do to your example code was change the tool numbers to the 4 digit style (T02 to T0202), and delete all of the H and D codes. After that I was able to run the file from memory, or drip feed directly.
    ...Oh, good to hear up and running for large programs.
    Just a note about large programs over N9999 max blocks long with Dynapath 40-60m's. start renumbering N1 and so on. Also, when Editing you can Insert blocks using a Decimal Point.... (up to 3 place decimal if I remember correctly)

Enjoy

Now I just need to set up a post processor to output code the way I want it to. (Right now I'm tinkering with FreeCAD.)