585,974 active members*
4,368 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Something is crazy with my CNC

Hi everyone, got some more issues, I´m trying to design a simple box with ply and want to get the test fit right, so go into fusion 360, do my stuff, bring it to mach 3, (mach 3 previews everything fine) and when i enter the run command, it does the top part fine, but the bottom part is just wrong, I can´t understand how this would happen. I think everything I have are quality parts except for the cnc controller which is novosum and doesnt seem too clever. Any thoughts?
    I completely re designed everything in fusion and the same thing happened

In the photos you can see what is supossed to be happening and what my machine does, thanks for any help.

Re: Something is crazy with my CNC

Here is the gcode, even though i cant read it personally.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you export your F360 file and upload it here? The f3d file may have to be zipped to upload it.
    David
    Romans 3:23
    Etsy shop opened 12/1/17 - CurlyWoodShop

Im on it

The simulation looks correct. Which post processor are you using? Also, is one part suppose to fit into another? It looks like they will but I'm just curious about the different designs of each piece and wondering what fits with these.
    David
    Romans 3:23
    Etsy shop opened 12/1/17 - CurlyWoodShop

one part should fit into another at 90º so at a corner, post processor is mach 3¿? dunno whats wrong, why only half the design? top half is fine, bottom half crazy, i redesigned it in fusion using bottom half specs and mirroring and it still does some weird mumbo jumbo

Did the machine worked earlier with no problems?
    Looks like huge backlash, or loosing steps on turnovers, which could be caused by to high acceleration.

Ok I finally got it to work fine by basically slowing it down a lot, I was going like 15.000mm a min or 600 inch for optimal chipload, but just way too fast for the machine, even though I thought it was impossible for the motors to skip without a warning because they are closed loop, or do I have to wire something back into the drives?

U should have encoders connected from motors to drivers. Anyway closed loop steppers don't work the same as servodrives. The drive just makes alarm signals when motor loses more than set amount of steps ( usually half or one rotation)