I don't understand how to hook up the probe circuit.
My understanding is that the power supply neutral (24V0) is supposed to be isolated from machine ground. Is this correct?
If so, how do I wire up the probe circuit while keeping 24V0 isolated from ground?
The tool is grounded thru the spindle to the machine frame. So ground definitely needs to be factored in, right?
I think I understand I need to apply +24VDC to the touch plate thru a resistor (2.4k = 10mA?) to prevent a short circuit when being grounded.
Then when the touch plate touches the tool the voltage is pulled low. +24V is shorted to ground but thru a resistor so it's ok (?)
Then the CNC controller monitors voltage of the plate using an isolated digital input. So it's an active-low input and triggers when pulled low.
But this means I need the negative side of this input to be connected to both ground and 24V0, right?
Won't this will tie 24V0 directly to ground?
The schematic I'm working from (AXBB-E wiring example) ignores machine ground.
The question is so dumb the Balazs CNCDrive support guy apparently won't answer the question.
Can someone point out a circuit diagram or instructions (that factors in ground) for how to hook this up?
Sorry I'm confused. I'm obviously not an electronics guy.
Thanks for any help.