584,812 active members*
5,286 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Delta 1000 Jog speed settings

I originally thought it was an rapid override problem but I don't think so anymore so starting a new thread

On this mill, when the mode is set to TM0, the four jog settings (mode select 0) are
    0=slow,
    1=medium,
    2=fast and
    3=rapid
    and they work as you expect when moving the table around

When we switch to TM1 (Rapid override), The override knob slows the travel down in any setting as it should but when set to full
    The 3 (rapid) moves slower than 2 (fast)
    0, 1 and 2 all seem to be the same as in TM0, but 3 is noticeable slower than 2

I would believe these are in a parameter somewhere but I have no book (and when I dropped to DOS the computer just rebooted so that's a different problem I'll have to ask about

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    M

Re: Delta 1000 Jog speed settings

...was the testing done before or after Referencing all axis?
    DJ

After referencing all (XYZ)

M

Quote Originally Posted by Mooser View Post
    I would believe these are in a parameter somewhere but I have no book (and when I dropped to DOS the computer just rebooted so that's a different problem I'll have to ask about

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    M
    ...Yes, there is a Installation Manual you would need to figure out which Parameters to check. They cost about $210usd (ouch) from Dynapath. Hopefully, a fellow cnczoner with a Delta 1000/2000 has a manual and chimes in. Or just live with the rapid feedrate minor problem.

DJ

PS- to access the Parameters do this Turn OFF the machine and restart after a few minutes...than Type "PAR" than hit ENTER...screen should change to Parameters. Would be a good time to backup with Transmit/Receive soft key too.

...Mooser...I had to edit the above reply...please reread it.

Thanks
    When I was watching it boot I could see it go through the POST (memory check, press F10 to enter setup for the BIOS etc) and then it went into the machine boot so I'll have to try to catch it in between. Not much use if I can't find someone who know what parameter needs to be changed though. Hopefully someone will chime in
    M

Thanks
    When I was watching it boot I could see it go through the POST (memory check, press F10 to enter setup for the BIOS etc) and then it went into the machine boot so I'll have to try to catch it in between.
    ...you would need (I think) a PS2 or older AT type Keyboard plugged into motherboard to access the PC BIOS with F10. To access the Parameters or the PLC program storage just wait for the 1st Screen after completing boot up Photo 1.....than type "PAR" or "PLC" then hit ENTER.

Should backup both the PLC Program and the MTB Parameters via RS232, HDD or Floppy...also somewhere other than the HDD in case it fails down the road.

Thanks, that's great, I was on that screen but pressed the drop to dos button and the machine just reboots. On his older machine I had to drop to dos and open text type files to get to some of the settings. I'll be going back later this week and I'll try what you've shown.
    (still don't know what parameter it'll need looked at but it's a start
    Thanks again
    M

On the Delta 20/30/40/50M control, jog speeds in IPM are 1,10,100 and rapid. I have the parameter manual for the Delta 40/50/60 but I have no idea if it is the same / similar for the 1000/2000. Dynapath has been extremely helpful for me in the past, and the tech emailed me the parameter manual when I was troubleshooting rapid rates on my mill - I really didn't need/want 400 ipm so he sent me the manual and helped identify what parameters to check / change. I think that is one reason they are kinda expensive, is they really do provide unlimited lifetime support.
    For my mill, in X,Y,Z order parameter addresses are
    Max Rapid Rate 110,190,210
    Max Rapid Jog 113,193,213
    Rapid Jog prior to reference 116,196,216
    Of course my parameters are all metric (Tree?!)

Maybe this will help. BUT BE SURE TO BACKUP your parameter settings before making changes. You mess that up and your problems get very big very fast!!!!!

Thanks for that info, I'll have a look at what those are currently at
    M

Well that didn't work out
    Finally got back to this and can't even get into the parameter screen.
    System boots, goes through the bios check
    RAM & hard drive
    flashes some other checks across the screen that I'm not familiar with (I'm guessing the firmware for the machine control?)
    And then it's into the control screen

Can't see any place to type in the PAR to get to the parameters, this is just screwy compared to the older control.
    M

And then it's into the control screen

Can't see any place to type in the PAR to get to the parameters, this is just screwy compared to the older control.
    M

...at the control startup screen you type PAR should bring up the Parameters screen. Then to view any Parameter type A first and then number of the Address you want to view..then Hit "Enter"

I was at the same screen as you show above (screen 1) but don't see anywhere to enter the PAR, do I just punch it in and hit enter (won't see anything on the screen type of thing?)

I'll be back there in a few days to do some other work so I'll try that again
    Thanks
    M

I was at the same screen as you show above (screen 1) but don't see anywhere to enter the PAR, do I just punch it in and hit enter (won't see anything on the screen type of thing?)

I'll be back there in a few days to do some other work so I'll try that again
    Thanks
    M
    ...yes. Just use the keyboard and type P A R should do it. Then you'll see Screen 2. and for sure like dstjohn99 said you should do a backup of Parameters before changing anything. Use the Softkey to Transmit them. It's very tricky when changing Parameters because of the way they have to be entered.

DJ

I'm still hoping for someone with a 1000 para book to step in as I don't want to start guessing based on a different version of the control. But first thing first, just accessing the parameters will be a start
    Thanks
    M

That worked perfectly, thank you so much.
    No to find what parameters to look at for rapids

Everything is a challenge without documentation, I need to wire in a pendant and turns out the old one doesn't have the x1 x10 x100 switch so there's no telling what connections they should be on...
    M

You should call Dynapath. The phone call is free! They are always helpful for me and have spent tons of time with me on the phone to support, educate and even provide documentation or just tell me what parameters I need to change. 248.488.0440 I don't know why it's not your first call. Then if they tell you it's gonna be $3000, start digging in the forums for help. I still haven't pulled the trigger on my Delta 40 to upgrade to DNC. It's gonna be about $1200 last I checked. That was two years ago. Still haven't needed it though; just seems silly it's an optional add on. Be sure to have your machine SN handy. Heck if the original owner paid for manuals, then maybe they will replace them electronically for free?!! (I doubt it).