584,814 active members*
5,382 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Shopsabre > Tool touchoff pad being "jack hammered" by bit when tool height button is pressed.

Hybrid View

Tool touchoff pad being "jack hammered" by bit when tool height button is pressed.

Greetings-
    I have an RC-4. I homed the machine upon startup, when I attempted to do a tool height touch off, the bit was hammering into the top of the tool touch off pad.
    My guess is dirty contacts on the pad. Has anybody experienced something like this before? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Re: Tool touchoff pad being "jack hammered" by bit when tool height button is presse

They have free tech support if you bought it new. If you bought it used, pm me your numter and I'll try to help. First off there is a drop down menu to see all of the inputs. With that area open, toggle the switch and see if you get an input change on one of them.

Re: Tool touchoff pad being "jack hammered" by bit when tool height button is presse

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I bought the machine used. Unfortunately, no support. The folks at Shop Sabre have always been very kind and helped me as much as they could with support.
    In the drop down menu, under inputs, the: "P2, B5", and the "P2, B4" inputs aren't lit up. When I push on the tool length pad, the "P3, B0" light goes out.

If you have an input changing when you push the switch, it is probably ok. Sometimes with a power failure I have seen files get messed up. If you send me your phone #, I can probably get you going. Might need to email a few files so I can look at them.

I sent you a pm with my info.