585,575 active members*
3,960 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Can't install uccnc

I am trying to install uccnc version 1.2048 on a desktop computer running windows 10. When I double click the setup file I get a message saying this app will not run on this PC. I have been running it on a laptop window 10 with Gerry's 2017 screenset without any problems. Not sure what's going on. Does anyone have a solution to load this on my desktop. Thanks Jim

Re: Can't install uccnc

Any other details in the message?
    Do you get the message immediately?
    My guess would be AV software blocking it?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

The only other thing it said was check with software company for a version that will run on my computer. The message pops up immediately. I tried version 1.211 and it looked as though it was going to work. I didn't complete the install. I later found a copy of 1.2049 and tried it and it worked. I went ahead and loaded it and set everything up. Haven't run a file yet but everything seems to be working fine. I assume there is very little difference between 1,2048 and 1.2049. Thanks Gerry. I'll check into the AV possibility. Thanks for the reply
    Jim

I''m Kevin and just got my new SC2/600. All good with the assembly but got in trouble installing the UCCNC. have installed it following all the steps in the instructions, all went well, UC100 drivers installed succesfully,
    icons on desktop, done. Plugged the UC 100 to the machine port, try to open it and it comes with the attached message.
    It looks like the shortcut created cannot find the target file where it was created. I haven't modified or move it at all.
    Now comes the tricky part:
    after several attempts on three different computers (win7,win 10, x32,x64) I managed to get it installed and working
    when i have choose only the milling profile from the default four that come with the installer (i don't use laser or 3d for now).
    All good, start it up, start to play with the machine a bit, using the jog menu, done a bit of axis alignment, homed the machine
    and run the SC logo in the air and everything worked well. Also download FMWhatsApp APK

Are people sure it's not just the .Net framework causing it?.
    Can be finicky with some versions.
    Even on newer pc's that are supposedly up to date, it wants you to go backwards and install ver 4.0
    Sometimes it will not tell you!.