548,322 active members*
2,818 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Registered

Can't install uccnc

I am trying to install uccnc version 1.2048 on a desktop computer running windows 10. When I double click the setup file I get a message saying this app will not run on this PC. I have been running it on a laptop window 10 with Gerry's 2017 screenset without any problems. Not sure what's going on. Does anyone have a solution to load this on my desktop. Thanks Jim

Re: Can't install uccnc

Any other details in the message?
    Do you get the message immediately?
    My guess would be AV software blocking it?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered

The only other thing it said was check with software company for a version that will run on my computer. The message pops up immediately. I tried version 1.211 and it looked as though it was going to work. I didn't complete the install. I later found a copy of 1.2049 and tried it and it worked. I went ahead and loaded it and set everything up. Haven't run a file yet but everything seems to be working fine. I assume there is very little difference between 1,2048 and 1.2049. Thanks Gerry. I'll check into the AV possibility. Thanks for the reply
    Jim

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by redbone1 View Post
    I am trying to install uccnc version 1.2048 on a desktop computer running windows 10. When I double click the setup file I get a message saying this app will not run on this PC. I have been running it on a laptop window 10 with Gerry's 2017 screenset without any problems. Not sure what's going on. Does anyone have a solution to load this on my desktop. Thanks Jim
    Any other details in the message? Do you get the message immediately? My guess would be AV software blocking it?

Quote Originally Posted by redbone1 View Post
    I have EXACTLY the same problem. Here is the short story: I had a computer motherboard crash and had to buy a new PC. Bought a new HP EliteDesk 800 G5 with an Intel i7 8-core 9th generation CPU with Windows 10 Pro and all drivers updated. The new PC is of course much faster and better than the old Dell I had. It has M2 SSD disk as main and I did a clean install of the latest UCCNC and experienced the same problem. Installation goes well, UCCNC works in demo mode, but as soon as I have the license active and the UC300ETH is active the software crashes with the above erroro. Did several clean-ups and new installations but nothing worked. I had to revert back to my old 1.2049 which works without any problems. Everything else is the same as before, no change in the way the UC300ETH is connected, using the same IP address, connected to the same switch, so I am a bit puzzled and not happy about it, but at least 1.2049 is working fine. My last efforts were a new clean installation and manually configuring everything, but have had no time to start up and test again. Maybe I'll do it today, but I don't keep my hopes high... Something definitely seems wrong in the latest official release.