585,987 active members*
4,467 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > CamSoft Products > Really need help with Camsoft CNC Controller

Threaded View

Really need help with Camsoft CNC Controller

I bought a used custom made laser machine about a year ago.
    Have never been able to run it as there are no user manuals or instructions online.
    I have reached out camsoft for help but they told me before they can provide support I need to update to the newest version. Which cost a a lot for a old and used machine that I am not sure it worth spending...

I have already spend around $500 on a few laser technicians (not from camsoft) promising they get get it to work but once they see the camsoft software they have no idea how to run it as they work with chinese laser machine. I have also tired to get it to on my own, but have had limited luck. as of today I can load the design but the machine only traces the design without firing the laser and yes I clicked on the "laser on" in the CNC controller.
    I know the laser works as by chance only 1 time fired but have not been to do it again.

This is a custom made laser machine with universal laser UL-50-OEm on it
    DMC-1832 | Galil PCI bus motion controllers
    Synrad UC-2000 Laser Controller
    NEXTSTEP-240 308435 Stepper Motor Drive
    KML091F07 Superior Electric STEPPER MOTOR SLO SYN

Software is camsoft V8 I think level 1 (not sure if the setting is right and I don’t know how to use it)with machine tool controller V14.6

If anyone could please help me with anything like user manual or anything I would truly appreciate it or if you know any tech in Los Angeles that understand the system and make it work please please let me know.

Thank you in advance for any guidance or help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC-controller.jpg   Unversal.JPG   Laser2.jpg   Laser-Machine.JPG