540,317 active members*
698 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > General Other Machine Discussion > Banging noise from machine when moving!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Banging noise from machine when moving!

    Hello I just received my import machine this weekend, after some tinkering I was able to get things dialed and and calibrated fairly well.

    My issue currently is ; if I move the machine by keyboard it moves very smooth, up to 1000ipm I’ve tested. But if I load g code and start it ( even at 700 ipm ) it makes a horrible banging noise as it moves. I cannot tell what’s going on, but I do know the servos are very aggressive when they stop, always makes a loud thud.

    Could the servos be starting/stopping very rapidly for some reason?
    I know my drives are rated for 75v and they have 75-78v running to them.
    It’s an acctek 1325
    Lead shine servo drivers and easy servo motors
    Mach 3
    Mk3-et Ethernet controller wihyx I believe.
    Helical rack and pinion drive.
    Ball screw z axis.

    I’ll attach some short clips

    https://youtu.be/raJZCFPngK0

    https://youtu.be/KmVQ4KHJe5M

    It’s a lot louder then it sounds, almost shakes my floor.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12177

    Re: Banging noise from machine when moving!

    Quote Originally Posted by brianhatley View Post
    Hello I just received my import machine this weekend, after some tinkering I was able to get things dialed and and calibrated fairly well.

    My issue currently is ; if I move the machine by keyboard it moves very smooth, up to 1000ipm I’ve tested. But if I load g code and start it ( even at 700 ipm ) it makes a horrible banging noise as it moves. I cannot tell what’s going on, but I do know the servos are very aggressive when they stop, always makes a loud thud.

    Could the servos be starting/stopping very rapidly for some reason?
    I know my drives are rated for 75v and they have 75-78v running to them.
    It’s an acctek 1325
    Lead shine servo drivers and easy servo motors
    Mach 3
    Mk3-et Ethernet controller wihyx I believe.
    Helical rack and pinion drive.
    Ball screw z axis.

    It’s a lot louder then it sounds, almost shakes my floor.
    Check the Pinion teeth it sounds like it has something stuck in the teeth so clean the racks and the pinions and then add new grease or what ever lube it uses

    If this is not the problem then your rapids may be to much for the machine try 200 IPM, as the high acceleration the teeth could be jumping on the rack which would not be good at all
    Mactec54

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Check the Pinion teeth it sounds like it has something stuck in the teeth so clean the racks and the pinions and then add new grease or what ever lube it uses

    If this is not the problem then your rapids may be to much for the machine try 200 IPM, as the high acceleration the teeth could be jumping on the rack which would not be good at all
    Thank you, now when I manually move the machine even at 1000ipm it’s smooth, only makes the noise when it runs gcode

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12177

    Re: Banging noise from machine when moving!

    Quote Originally Posted by brianhatley View Post
    Thank you, now when I manually move the machine even at 1000ipm it’s smooth, only makes the noise when it runs gcode
    Correct that is not a rapid move, it's a smooth up to speed and slow down, Rapid moves are instant, try it at slower rapid speeds start at 100 and take it up until it tries to destroy it's self
    Mactec54

  5. #5

    Re: Banging noise from machine when moving!

    https://youtube.com/shorts/zcpEliUmMN4?feature=share

    Moving at a slow speed still makes the noise

    https://youtube.com/shorts/DXVgb6xXF0U?feature=share

    Manual jogging works perfect , just g code provoked

    https://youtube.com/shorts/xkS5Tvcs_6E?feature=share


    I’m desperate for help, if somebody could point me in the right direction .

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12177

    Re: Banging noise from machine when moving!

    Quote Originally Posted by brianhatley View Post
    https://youtube.com/shorts/zcpEliUmMN4?feature=share

    Moving at a slow speed still makes the noise

    https://youtube.com/shorts/DXVgb6xXF0U?feature=share

    Manual jogging works perfect , just g code provoked

    https://youtube.com/shorts/xkS5Tvcs_6E?feature=share


    I’m desperate for help, if somebody could point me in the right direction .
    Did you check the rack and pinion to see if it was all clean and there is no junk in the teeth of the pinion as the noise is about every rev of the pinion , check the clearance between the rack and the pinion as well, take the covers of and take some photos of the Pinion
    Mactec54

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2706

    Re: Banging noise from machine when moving!

    Hi Brian - dial back the accelerations for the axis then work slowly up. Peter

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12177

    Re: Banging noise from machine when moving!

    Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Hi Brian - dial back the accelerations for the axis then work slowly up. Peter
    He said it has servos so it is not missing steps I thought that as well, until you see this video everything is jumping like the pinion is trying to jump a tooth

    https://youtube.com/shorts/zcpEliUmMN4?feature=share
    Mactec54

  9. #9

    Re: Banging noise from machine when moving!

    Okay, update for y’all, after colluding with China, they sent me an xml profile, and the noise and banging stopped completely and runs smooth now.

    The racks were clean of debris, but controlled by keyboard it worked fine, so I really didn’t suspect that.

    I am trying to work my way backwards on my original profile to find out which setting was causing this issue. I will update when I find, for the next poor soul who has the issue

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12177

    Re: Banging noise from machine when moving!

    Quote Originally Posted by brianhatley View Post
    Okay, update for y’all, after colluding with China, they sent me an xml profile, and the noise and banging stopped completely and runs smooth now.

    The racks were clean of debris, but controlled by keyboard it worked fine, so I really didn’t suspect that.

    I am trying to work my way backwards on my original profile to find out which setting was causing this issue. I will update when I find, for the next poor soul who has the issue
    So it sounds like you have what they call a hybrid servo system and the motors are steppers, for it to be a control setting issue, this would not happen like this with a true AC servo system

    That's good they where able to give you a new profile to fix the problem, it should not be to hard to see the different parameters they changed
    Mactec54

Similar Threads

  1. Stepper Motor making noise but not moving
    By alex5130 in forum General CNC Machine Related Electronics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2021, 12:02 AM
  2. X axis making noise and not moving
    By RhFab in forum Stepper Motors / Drives
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2020, 08:38 PM
  3. Omni 1325 Machine Banging against positive Y
    By digcraftlab in forum Omni CNC
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2016, 03:34 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2013, 02:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •