584,800 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Current Step jog function buttons

Hello everyone,

I know the menu options are viewable on button bars. I abuse it a bit but I stall on one option.
    I would like to know if it is possible to create buttons related to the current Step of the Jog function? This option can be selected by right clicking on the Jog panel.
    I tried some solutions like Jog.Jog_Current_Step but without success.
    I would like to display 3 buttons corresponding to the options 0.01 - 0.1 and 1 mm. The option chosen would obviously be highlighted.

Another solution would also be to have this type of button directly in the jog function panel.

Best regards

Re: Current Step jog function buttons

Easiest way is with expressions. Put this in your btn file

expr: "_jog_step=0.1" "J0.1" ""
    expr: "_jog_step=1" "J1" ""
    expr: "_jog_step=10" "J10" ""

I'm back,
    By searching a little, I found the solution. Using the _jog_step parameter

Here is the extract of the commands to put in the file corresponds to the desired button bar:

expr: "_jog_step=0.01" "Jog 0.01" imagechange="True" stroke=1.1 color=#ffffff updown="_jog_step==0.01" updatefast="true" tooltip="Jog current step = 0.01 mm"
    expr: "_jog_step=0.1" "Jog 0.1" imagechange="True" stroke=1 color=#ffffff updown="_jog_step==0.1" updatefast="true" tooltip="Jog current step = 0.1 mm"
    expr: "_jog_step=1" "Jog 1" imagechange="True" stroke=1 color=#ffffff updown="_jog_step==1" updatefast="true" tooltip="Jog current step = 1 mm"

You can see the result below.

I still have to define an image for each of these buttons to have a nicer rendering.

Hope this can help some of you.

Hello,

I see that our posts are crossed.

To end this post, here is the final result with icons.
    I even tested 1µ steps, but it doesn't work. on the other hand, the NC works perfectly from 5µ steps.
    I nevertheless observe a 1µ offset when I take several consecutive steps, probably related to my management of steps per mm of my motors.

Another advantage of these buttons is that you can directly see the setting of the steps because the button is highlighted.

As the default option is 0.1mm, the 0.1 button is directly selected when starting TNG.

Extract from the btn file:
    expr: "_jog_step=0.005" "" image="Icons/IMG_JogStep0.005_White.png" imagechange="True" stroke=1 color=#ffffff updown="_jog_step==0.005" updatefast="true" tooltip="Jog current step = 0.005 mm"
    expr: "_jog_step=0.01" "" image="Icons/IMG_JogStep0.01_White.png" imagechange="True" stroke=1 color=#ffffff updown="_jog_step==0.01" updatefast="true" tooltip="Jog current step = 0.01 mm"
    expr: "_jog_step=0.05" "" image="Icons/IMG_JogStep0.05_White.png" imagechange="True" stroke=1 color=#ffffff updown="_jog_step==0.05" updatefast="true" tooltip="Jog current step = 0.05 mm"
    expr: "_jog_step=0.1" "" image="Icons/IMG_JogStep0.1_White.png" imagechange="True" stroke=1 color=#ffffff updown="_jog_step==0.1" updatefast="true" tooltip="Jog current step = 0.1 mm"
    expr: "_jog_step=0.5" "" image="Icons/IMG_JogStep0.5_White.png" imagechange="True" stroke=1 color=#ffffff updown="_jog_step==0.5" updatefast="true" tooltip="Jog current step = 0.5 mm"
    expr: "_jog_step=1" "" image="Icons/IMG_JogStep1_White.png" imagechange="True" stroke=1 color=#ffffff updown="_jog_step==1" updatefast="true" tooltip="Jog current step = 1 mm"
    expr: "_jog_step=5" "" image="Icons/IMG_JogStep5_White.png" imagechange="True" stroke=1 color=#ffffff updown="_jog_step==5" updatefast="true" tooltip="Jog current step = 5 mm"
    expr: "_jog_step=10" "" image="Icons/IMG_JogStep10_White.png" imagechange="True" stroke=1 color=#ffffff updown="_jog_step==10" updatefast="true" tooltip="Jog current step = 10 mm"

Best regards

Nice