584,830 active members*
5,897 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Autodesk CAM > Where to learn HSMWorks for Solidworks?

Where to learn HSMWorks for Solidworks?

Got HSMWorks for Solidworks, got it installed, and working 4 years ago and haven't been using it, as most all the parts I am making are legacy product that has been programmed LONG ago. It's time to upgrade and bring myself into at least the recent past...

Have no idea where to get started using this software, things that made sense with my old SolidCAM software (like 2008 old) just aren't there where I think they should be, and so rather than stumble through, it's time to start fresh and find a "New user" level instruction guide.

Anyone got any information on books or web videos/websites that have good instruction on using HSMworks for Solidworks 2016?

I will not, and can not, use Fusion due to IP issues. I have customers who will NOT tolerate having their data "uncontrolled" that way, and ITAR prohibits such systems for a few of the parts I currently make. Other than that, it's pretty decent, but unfortunately it's just not usable for me.

Re: Where to learn HSMWorks for Solidworks?

Quote Originally Posted by switch2472 View Post
    Got HSMWorks for Solidworks, got it installed, and working 4 years ago and haven't been using it, as most all the parts I am making are legacy product that has been programmed LONG ago. It's time to upgrade and bring myself into at least the recent past...

Have no idea where to get started using this software, things that made sense with my old SolidCAM software (like 2008 old) just aren't there where I think they should be, and so rather than stumble through, it's time to start fresh and find a "New user" level instruction guide.

Anyone got any information on books or web videos/websites that have good instruction on using HSMworks for Solidworks 2016?

I will not, and can not, use Fusion due to IP issues. I have customers who will NOT tolerate having their data "uncontrolled" that way, and ITAR prohibits such systems for a few of the parts I currently make. Other than that, it's pretty decent, but unfortunately it's just not usable for me.
    You could have a look at a few of these and see if they help (or are even close).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoJR2sXElAA

Doesn't look too far away from Adesk Inventor hsm system so that may be worth a look too.

Yeah, I think they're the same, but I *KNOW* as soon as I assume they're the same, there will be a machine-crashing difference between the two.

I'm slowly working it out. Not ready to risk a machine with it yet but I'm getting there.

There are tutorials built in to the program. It's how I got started in both CAD and CAM. I knew nothing before I started and got a really good start doing the tutorials. I no longer use solidworks but the tutorials are in a menu on the right side of the screen.

Both HSMworks for inventor and SW are the same. youtube is full of them.