584,808 active members*
5,362 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma Chucking issue

Hybrid View

Okuma Chucking issue

Thanks for the info. Working through this I see my chucking light does not go on but goes on when I un-chuck the jaws. seems this arm in the pics below may be the problem. It moved once forward and then back but now is not moving at all. When I command it in MDI and press on one of the switches the chucks starts. Pulled off a line to check for flow and it has hydraulic oil running through it but not very much pressure. any thoughts

Re: Okuma Chucking issue

so the switch what you press and the chuck starts is the one which should be pressed at the start position. Right?

Any Alarms on the control ?
    Set to internal or external on the parameter Screen ?

Thanks for the reply. No alarms on control.. See pics below. This is all I see on my parameter list . The only one that shows closed is when I switch the chuck to air but the arm does not move and chuck does not run. Are these the normal parameter setting?? I did include a Pic from a manual that shows similar settings, are they correct are they just examples?? As you see my settings are slightly different and I'm not sure of the correct ones. Any help in this are would be appreciated. The lights for the switches for that arm light up open or close and the switches work just that arm is not moving to activate as seen in the earlier pics. In MDI I inputted data to run the chuck as I normally do and all it did is bounced back and forth until I pressed on the switch where the knuckle is and the chuck ran as it should but when I pulled off the switch the chuck stopped. again seems to be in that arm not moving to set the switch..

CHOP and CHCL indicates the status of limit switches. The illustrations doesn't show any parameter settings, however. The page of digital signal status is placed under the chapter "parameters", but there is nothing about parameter settings. The important parameter what colleagues are asking about is whether you have ID or OD chucking selected. On OSP there is a special screen where you select what parameter groups to display. Maybe you need to find that chapter first.
    The page of manual is nothing about parameter settings either. It is explanation what bit means what. Don't be confused with the names "chuck open" and "chuck close". These names are shortened to be simple. The limit switches are just limit switches - "back limit" and "front limit". Is it "close" or "open" depends on settings.
    If I would be you I would uninstall the chuck jaws first and check the movement of the draw bar. If the movement is not enough, I would take away the chuck and then. If the draw bar movement is not enough even without the chuck, then it's time to check hydraulic pipes, oil condition and so.

What machine is this a Crown or Cadet or something else ?
    What is the Control imformation ? OP7000 ? U100 ?

Model Okuma LB15, 5020L control