Hello

I bought these 2 Bridgeport NC mills, series 1, i have no idea what to call them so look at the pictures. (probably had Boss3 controls which are long gone) They have been sitting for maybe 30 years in storage. I pulled the cap off and got rid of the shives? (vari speed snowmobile style pulleys) and put in direct drive with a "b" size v belt, and installed a frequency drive for speed changes. I have done this to a couple of Hurco Hawks with success. BTW, i used the Centroid Acorn controller and 1.8kw servos. (i know they are too much power) The motion of the machine is great, i set rapids at 250 inches per minuet. (out of a possible 600 inches per minuet) Unfortunately, I believe the grease in the spindle bearings is dried up, and the heads are very noisy, the noise sounds exactly like in the old days when we made skate boards with steel wheel roller skates and rode on cement.
I took the "nut" off the bottom of the spindle, like you would do with a manual machine and the spindle didn't pop out, it is stuck or there is stuff above that's holding it in. I didn't want to force it so that's where it is now.

Does anyone know the steps needed to replace the spindle bearings?
Does anyone know where i can get a schematic of this head?

There are many U Tube videos on replacing bearings in a manual machine head, but i couldn't find any on the cnc head. As you can see, these mills will be very sweet machines after the spindle issues are solved. FYI, The 3 buttons that were spindle and e stop are now cycle start, feed hold, and e stop, so i don't have to deal with the "touch screen" buttons.

Any info is very appreciated!

Thank you,
Bill