585,754 active members*
3,858 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Nomenclature inputs Meldas300

Good day, i attachment a photho part of schematic of machin center okk with Meldas300. Inputs ZP22, ZP23 as X1A8-1, X1A8-2 but no find these in the diagram electric, these inputs have huge number to be inputs,
    The inputs are drawing with thin lines, but these inputs are with thick lines, some suggestion or how search or how interpeter these inputs ?

Re: Nomenclature inputs Meldas300

What you are looking at here is a bit of an abstraction from the "real" electrical connections. It is not a schematic, per se. What you are looking at is the PLC diagram. I would suggest that you review the manuals on PLC programming and definition. It is a bit of an art by itself. You should also be aware that you might not be able to change your PLC. It is often written into EPROM and cannot be changed without special tools and knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Remaga View Post
    Good day, i attachment a photho part of schematic of machin center okk with Meldas300. Inputs ZP22, ZP23 as X1A8-1, X1A8-2 but no find these in the diagram electric, these inputs have huge number to be inputs,
    The inputs are drawing with thin lines, but these inputs are with thick lines, some suggestion or how search or how interpeter these inputs ?
    PLC's show a multitude of items, inputs, outputs, flags, markers and timers etc. In logic form, true or false (not electrical contacts made or not made).

I think ZP22 etc could be zero points confirmation flags from the ATC drives. I think the long numbers below beginning in X are not inputs but identification cross references for the servo drives. If you look at the drives you may see them labelled that way, or a plug connector address.

PLC's are all about logical status to process data and set other rungs. Looking at your logic they are all about confirmation of the ATC ready status. Please attach drawings of the ATC magazine drives for comparison.

Thx.

servtech's answer was more thorough than mine; thank you for filling in some of the blanks for the OP.

If you have the original manuals, they often will have the whole PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) printed out for you, which is likely where you snapped the picture posted in the original request for help. Someplace close to that printout, you'll probably see a bunch of tables that have configuration information. Some of these sheets will cover the physical settings of the various switches on the control components. Other sheets will probably show the interconnection of these components. Lastly, you should find a few sheets that represent the actual wiring connections between the different switches, indicators, etc and the control. Ultimately, most of these will correlate with IDs that are exist in the PLC.

Think of it this way... Mitsubishi gives a machine integrator a bunch of input and output pins, but beyond the fact that they hardware is capable of sensing or controlling something with those pins, the pins cannot do anything. It is the PLC "ladder" that binds the pins to an actual function. In this fashion, the machine integrator can setup "logical functions" that actually control the machine. Say you had a motor that can only run when a switch is closed. In your PLC, you could draw a line between between the logical pin assigned in the machine to turn that motor on to the output pin that actually causes the motor to turn on BUT you could insert the switch in the PLC line. The PLC ladder understand that when that input is open (meaning that the switch is open in real life), the motor should never be turned on even if the control commands it to do so.

The analog to this would be to have the switch physically (electrically) inserted into the wire, but that is not alway desirable. It is also difficult to change if the integrator wishes to alter the behavior of his machine. So, the PLC becomes a way of programmatically controlling the behavior instead. This can be extremely flexible, but it is also a pain if you don't have to tools to work with PLC or the knowledge to do so.

Hopefully I didn't confuse you further with this explanation. My hope is/was that it would shed some further light on what a PLC is all about.

thanks for replys, yes i have complete diagram electric and PLC, but no find reference a these symbols, i wish could close for software plc these line and activate the ATC,