584,841 active members*
4,608 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: mach3

mach3

I'm going to sound like a complete idiot but WHAT LOL.. boy am i confused! so what your saying is that the PP i'm useing with vcarve and saving the toolpath project on a usb, its differant from the PP that this velox cnc's computer system with mach3 is useing so the machine is saying NO. how do i find out which PP the velox system is useing so i can see if the vcarve pro has it listed in the PP list.. thanks

Re: mach3

If you are running Mach3 on your machine, then you should use Mach2_3_ ... post processor as it generates G-code that suits Mach3 "slang"
    On your CAM computer you generate the G-code using above mentioned PP and transfer the G-code file (.tap) to your CNC computer.

I think that Velox uses ordinary Mach3 so there should be nothing special. Mach3 does NOT use any post processor. It only generates MOTION according to the supplied G-code.
    Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.

Re: mach3

Quote Originally Posted by jgstang View Post
    I'm going to sound like a complete idiot but WHAT LOL.. boy am i confused! so what your saying is that the PP i'm useing with vcarve and saving the toolpath project on a usb, its differant from the PP that this velox cnc's computer system with mach3 is useing so the machine is saying NO. how do i find out which PP the velox system is useing so i can see if the vcarve pro has it listed in the PP list.. thanks
    Just open your program in Notepad or MS Word and save it as text file, text will run on almost any control if this does not work your program has some configuration or format problem

Cut and paste your program here
    Mactec54