584,866 active members*
4,997 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NVEM v2 & NVMPG issues

Hey guys, I’m getting to the end of setting up the controls for my retrofit CNC mill and I have a few issues..
    I’m using a NVEM V2 Ethernet controller which uses a NVMPG mpg.
    First issue I’m having is the Ethernet connection.. After playing around with some IP addresses I got it to connect. But it only connects when I use one certain plugin (DigitalDream-PlugIn-Ver-3.0b). Everything works as it should with that plugin, except the hand wheel on the NVMPG. All the buttons work and the screen shows the right readouts. But the hand wheel does nothing.
    I think it’s a driver issue, but…
    If I try any other plugin version I can’t connect to the controller. Does it need a certain IP for each plugin?

What am I missing??

Re: NVEM v2 & NVMPG issues

I've never used your NVEM V2 Ethernet controller, and documentation that I can find is quite lacking.

And you haven't said how you have connected to the network. But, there are two general options for ethernet connections. Every device must have a unique IP address, and either you assign a "static" IP, or you allow a router to manage IPs and do "dynamic" IP assignment. Either approach works, but static requires that you understand how to make it work properly, and if the computer/laptop only has one ethernet port then you may have difficultly connecting to the Internet at the same time.

An easier approach is to use (dynamic IP) DHCP managed by a router. And its reasonable (using a router) to even have a combination of static and dynamic IP addresses all managed by that router. So, using a router I would expect that controller could work with your system regardless of driver (assuming the controller is functioning properly).

Explain more about how you have the network connections set up and perhaps we can resolve that issue.

Re: NVEM v2 & NVMPG issues