584,833 active members*
5,596 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

CNC Programming Help

Hey all,

I've been working on this for quite some time and really could use some help/advice. We use discriminator to program these and this practice question has me hitting my head against the wall. The CamInstructer website is pretty horrible in my opinion and have a hard time learning anything from it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

Re: CNC Programming Help

Did you mean to attach drawings or something? You're not giving us much to go on.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

For some reason the attachments did not work. Let me try again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH3030 View Post
    Hey all,

I've been working on this for quite some time and really could use some help/advice. We use discriminator to program these and this practice question has me hitting my head against the wall. The CamInstructer website is pretty horrible in my opinion and have a hard time learning anything from it.

What is 'discriminator'. Over all that part does not seem difficult to do the CAM work on, what operation are you having a problem with? Do you have drawing in a .step format?
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    What is 'discriminator'. Over all that part does not seem difficult to do the CAM work on, what operation are you having a problem with? Do you have drawing in a .step format?

https://imgur.com/W90OO1p
    https://imgur.com/rCCUFA4

Here is what I have so far, the tough part for me are the triangle pockets and if there is a way to change the diameter of the holes that I drill using g83? The depth of the different circles I am not sure of as well. Just kind of cutting the points and winging it. Any advice would be huge

G83 is a peck drill cycle. The hole size is not specified in the G code, you only need to load the proper drill for the hole, can be any size.

Are you hand coding this? Again I'll ask if you have the drawing in a STEP or IGES format.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    G83 is a peck drill cycle. The hole size is not specified in the G code, you only need to load the proper drill for the hole, can be any size.

Are you hand coding this? Again I'll ask if you have the drawing in a STEP or IGES format.

Yes I am hand coding this. Honestly the only drawing I have is the one I posted before with all the measurements.

This should keep you busy for awhile. G code attached.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Snip.jpg  
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA