584,812 active members*
5,270 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc oi-TD not booting only on light show. Really need help
Page 1 of 2 12

Fanuc oi-TD not booting only on light show. Really need help

Having problem with fanuc oi-TD after machine shut down by it self whiles trying to put back spindle control parameters. Before machine shutdown the screen went blank and CPU local dram error appears on the screen then went off. I have been trying to on it but still no response. Really need help

Re: Fanuc oi-TD not booting only on light show. Really need help

Do you have a backup for this machine? Can you enetr the BOOT mode? Can you back up your SRAM from the Boot Mode? If the answer is yes to all three questions then maybe you changed a paramater that ought not be changed. If I had a good backup of EVERYTHING then I would try to clear all memory by holding reset only while powering up. By holding only the RESEDT button at power up it will clear all of your parameters. If the controller Boots then you have a bad setting in the parameters. If it doesn't then you may have a bad CPU/DRAM memory is stored on the motherboard on that controller.

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    Do you have a backup for this machine? Can you enetr the BOOT mode? Can you back up your SRAM from the Boot Mode? If the answer is yes to all three questions then maybe you changed a paramater that ought not be changed. If I had a good backup of EVERYTHING then I would try to clear all memory by holding reset only while powering up. By holding only the RESEDT button at power up it will clear all of your parameters. If the controller Boots then you have a bad setting in the parameters. If it doesn't then you may have a bad CPU/DRAM memory is stored on the motherboard on that controller.
    Same happened earlier before this actually happened and even I was just put back the old parameters, please see the attached picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnyto25 View Post
    Same happened earlier before this actually happened and even I was just put back the old parameters, please see the attached picture
    Please this what I changed to, please see the attached picture

Please this what I changed to, please see the attached picture
    At the back of the screen bord you will see the led light (status alarm ) indicating please see the attached picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-20210428-WA0000.jpg  

At the back of the screen bord you will see the led light (status alarm ) indicating please see the attached picture
    Now the LED light on the screen bord at the back of the screen indicate 8. Please check the attached picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20210428_093805.jpg  

Any ideas

The main board (CPU circuit) may be faulty.

The main board (CPU circuit) may be faulty.
    What the best thing to do now. We really need the machine to work.

Replace the mother board

Why were you changing the Spindle parameters ?--Doing stuff like that without orginal can cause a whole pile of alarms -------------Put the machine in estop and put back to orginal and then power off on an see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by lshingleton View Post
    Why were you changing the Spindle parameters ?--Doing stuff like that without orginal can cause a whole pile of alarms -------------Put the machine in estop and put back to orginal and then power off on an see what happens
    Before I changed, I checked the spindle control parameters of another fanuc oi we have before changing and even I was chenging it to the original parameters but before that happens this alarm appears before I even changed the parameters. Please check the attached picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-20210429-WA0001.jpg  

Putting the machine into emergency. Nothing is appearing on the screen and the machine is also not booting

I think you are not getting anything on that Mother Board and a serious Fanuc Service issue
    Sorry but every time i seen alarms like that something on the main board was gone and only Fanuc service fixed it

I think you are not getting anything on that Mother Board and a serious Fanuc Service issue
    Sorry but every time i seen alarms like that something on the main board was gone and only Fanuc service fixed it
    For sometime now we've not been using this machine because of an issue with the spindle motor sensor for like six months and after that fault was dealt with the spindle speed was not being displayed on the screen and form there this issue started. Thanks very much for your consent very much appreciated.

How does the spindle get speed feed back ?-------Seperate speed encode with belt or all part of the spindle motor ?

How does the spindle get speed feed back ?-------Seperate speed encode with belt or all part of the spindle motor ?
    If you go to the spindle monitor page and spin the spindle by hand you should see two different speeds in RPM’s. One is the MOTOR and the other is the SPINDLE. The actual RPM’s for the motor that you see will be a reflection of any ratio between the motor and spindle. All spindle feedback (assuming Fanuc spindle motor and drive) are plugged into the drive directly.

Yes it is a separate speed encoder (position encoder) but not belt, rather a gear couple with the spindle it self in the spindle head.

If you go to the spindle monitor page and spin the spindle by hand you should see two different speeds in RPM’s. One is the MOTOR and the other is the SPINDLE. The actual RPM’s for the motor that you see will be a reflection of any ratio between the motor and spindle. All spindle feedback (assuming Fanuc spindle motor and drive) are plugged into the drive directly.
    Yes I checked but it's the only spindle motor that's read's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20210426_102527.jpg  

Did you repair that encoder or rewire it already ?
    In the Electrical panel when you power on is there any alarms on the board or drives yous can see ?

Page 1 of 2 12