584,860 active members*
5,116 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Parameter setting Mac Turn 30

Parameter setting Mac Turn 30

Hello.
    Today I messed up. I was connecting the machine to a computer and changed RS232-parameters. Now the communication between the magazine panel and the controller is not working. Alarm-D 4738 Magazine OP panel COMM error pops up when I start the machine. Anyone have any idea what the settings should be? It is Optional parameter CN0 to CN3. (CN3 has two similar pages, 6 and 7). I did not take a backup and I did not write down the initial settings. I feel very stupid.

Thanks for any help!

Machine: Mac Turn 30, Osp U100L

Best regards
    /Samuel

Re: Parameter setting Mac Turn 30

The parameter file possible to take out ( floppy or by serial ) and you can compare the communication chapter with default parameters, which are in the set of floppies supplied with machine.

Ok, that sounds interesting! How can this be done? I have the floppies and a device for floppy to usb. Can I view the settings in my pc?
    Thanks.
    /Samuel

Sure yes. There are sereal different solutions.
    First of all it's very handy to have possibility to read OSP floppies on your PC.
    It's aslo good to set the serial communication to get full of it and easy take the parameter backup files to your PC by serial.
    1. Make backup of parameters. Check if all groups of parameters: user, system, machine, optional etc. are done. Sure, you don't need all the groups, but just in case.
    Check what is special characteristic of backup file you are interested in ( let's say it is machine system parrameters or optional ) and search for the same patterns in your floppy set.
    2. backup your parameters first. Go to the same chapter of settings which is on the interest and change some settings there. Backup your parameters again. Compare these two backup files. Now you have possibility to find out which group of parameters, which chapter and maybe what setting exactly makes the difference.
    3. Of course, you can try to identify the parameter just reading it's name / description. Try to modify and see what is the impact of this exactly parameter.

Got the settings from the lokal dealer,

OSP-side
    Optional parameter “RS232C(CH1)”
    ? No.1 : stop bit “1”
    ? No.2 : Ready signal “1”
    ? No.3 : Parity check “1”
    ? No.4 : Parity “1”
    ? No.5 : 8BIT JIS “0”
    ? No.6 : DC code “0”
    ? No.7 : DC code control TYPE2 “0”
    ? No.8 : DNC-A file name output “0”
    ? No.9 : Master/Slave selection “0”
    ? No.10 : bps “9600”
    ? No.11 : Waiting timer for ready “5”

UG220H-side
    ? Stop bit “1 bit”
    ? Parity “Odd”
    ? BPS “9600”
    ? Sum check “Enable”
    ? If the NC spec No.7 bit6 is OFF, please set “Disabel”
    ? CR/LF “Disable”
    ? Data length “8 bit” (not need to set)

I have now made a backup-floppy.

Hello,
    we got 2 mac turn 30 machines, and don't know how to operate it, also we could find no one able to do it for us. those machines are used and have some electrical, mechanical and also programming issues. my brother and me could solve some of the problems, but we need some tutorials (if exists), i couldn't find any tutorial online, if there exist any, i would appreciate it if you tell me. and if there is no such videos, what do you think we should do (reading the catalogues is so time consuming and boring).
    thanks for your answers in advance