584,833 active members*
5,419 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > ISO any documentation for Intelitek Expertmill VMC-0600!

ISO any documentation for Intelitek Expertmill VMC-0600!

Hi Everyone - I just picked up a virtually un-used expertmill vmc-0600 (also apparently made under the light machines and benchman labels) for what seemed like a very good price. It looks virtually brand new, has a pneumatic cat20 tool changer and 4 tool holders, precision vise, and I got them to give me the PC with the serial card installed. I haven't fired it up yet... doing my homework first... and am surprised at how little information I'm able to find about it online. I even cruised the wayback machine at archive.org and it seems there wasn't even that much info around when they were new!

Does anyone have a user-manual they could share? The seller said there was an issue with one of the limit switches, so I'm hoping to at least find some schematics or something to help me fix that.

Anyone have any experience at all with these machines? I confess that I have none, but it really does seem to be a solidly built and well thought out machine... hoping that what I thought was a good deal doesn't turn out to be a red herring!

Thanks in advance!

Re: ISO any documentation for Intelitek Expertmill VMC-0600!

I have almost finished the conversion of this same mill to a Centroid Acorn setup. This mill is owned by the local high school First Robotics team. I can look and see if they have the original manual. The cost of the license for the software was excessive so that is why the conversion.

No user manual provided with the machine?
    If you just try to investigate very standard functions? Is it equipped with operator panel? The functions of push buttons should be more/ less standard:
    home; offset; manual mode; semi auto mode; auto mode; edit mode; parameters ...

Quote Originally Posted by keffer322 View Post
    I have almost finished the conversion of this same mill to a Centroid Acorn setup. This mill is owned by the local high school First Robotics team. I can look and see if they have the original manual. The cost of the license for the software was excessive so that is why the conversion.
    That's really cool! I bought the machine with the intention of *eventually* doing the same conversion but wanted to get it going in its original state first just to get an idea of its capabilities and limitations... and because I don't have the $$ to do the conversion at the moment. Do you have any documentation/tips/advice you'd be able to easily share about the conversion? I'm sort of new to the world of CNC control and setup, so any info you can share would be extremely useful to me!

Thanks in advance!

I thought the conversion was fairly easy. I used a 48v power supply instead of the power supply installed, I couldn't figure out the DC filtering. I added some resistors to the pneumatics to run them off the 24v supply. I added a touch screen with a pivot mount which works great. I still need to work out the tool change. I have the clamp/unclamp working but the tool change logic has me stumped. I used an old PC for the software. $300 for the Acorn, $150 for the software upgrade, $120 for the touch screen, had the PC, $40 for the power supply and some wire and connectors so well under a $1000. I can post pictures if you would like.

Good Morning,
    New Member here, just found the site.
    I was an Engineer at Intelitek during the development of this machine.
    What specifically are you looking for, I may have it in my records.

As for programming manuals are still available on intelitek website. Most of operator instructions also.

Quote Originally Posted by keffer322 View Post
    I sent @keffer322 a PM but doesn't look like he's logged in for a while.

I'm looking for an original controller for the eXpertMill VMC-0600. Cables also. It sounds like quite a few people convert to Centroid/etc.

If anyone wants to unload their original controller please send me a PM. I have a Wanted ad here: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/want-...ontroller.html