585,735 active members*
4,700 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Large Cable Loom Solutions?

Hi Folks,

I'm rounding the finish line (hardware wise) on a retrofit of a large 2000's Multicam machine. Part of restoring the beast was cutting off the existing waterproof table-to-cabinet cable conduit because it was broken in places and in rough shape (a similar example is pictured). It's been useful to have the cabling uncovered as I've done a restoration/retrofit but it's now time to seal everything back up and I'm looking around for solutions.

Though I'm guessing this is the only way to do it I would really prefer not to pull all of the cables out of the cabinet, thread them through the conduit, then reattach them back in the cabinet.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a resealable waterproof cable conduit solution? Something similar to regular split loom tubing but waterproof? In my dreams I see waterproof flexible split conduit with a zipper going down the side of it. Alternatively, has anyone attempted or heard of sealing split loom tubing? I'm considering trying to re-seal it with flex-seal or the like.

I'm guessing nothing exists like this but I figured I'd poll the experts before doing a pretty enormous tear-down.

Best

Re: Large Cable Loom Solutions?

Duct Tape?
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

15 years in the aircraft maintenance industry followed by 10 in subsea. Sorry have never seen a product like that. Just imagine how awesome it would be if you replaced all the conduit with nice new. New glands. Might be a stink job but it will soon be forgotten

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

I can recommend Roxtec. It is not the only solution.