584,802 active members*
4,870 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > PathPilot installed on Pulsar + Mesa 5i25 - Everything works EXCEPT servo spindle!

Question PathPilot installed on Pulsar + Mesa 5i25 - Everything works EXCEPT servo spindle!

Hey guys,

Huge fan, and long time lurker. I have read through nearly all @BrianBoneDoc and @PCW_MESA posts before attempting this, and that is why I have been able to get this far problem free. Much appreciated guys.

However, in PathPilot The Rev and Fwd buttons do nothing for the spindle, nor the RPMS.

The EP1C Servo Controller in the back of the Novakon says ERR 13, which their documentation in the manual is hardly helpful as it lists 6 different vague issues it could be.

Has anyone still around put PP on their Pulsar and been successful, or use a EP1C servo with a MESA card?

Thanks!

Re: PathPilot installed on Pulsar + Mesa 5i25 - Everything works EXCEPT servo spindle

Not sure this is super helpful or not, but I used Brian's guide when I converted my torus pro over to path pilot. My spindle directions were reversed, and to this day I can not manually command the rpm setting directly in the gui. I was able to work around this by simply entering Sxxxx for the RPM in the MDI screen, and from there I could then trigger fwd and reverse. I don't recall what I did to reverse the directions, I am sure it was in the hal somewhere. Best of luck.