This is my build log of my CNC lathe coming from a Harbor Freight Mini Metal Lathe. I have pretty much scrapped everything... I have followed come others here and decided to cut off the vee ways and cut a master rail and mount linear rails. I am using 12mm linear rails, a 1605 ball screw for the z axis with a 2:1 gt3 belt reduction, still working out the x axis parts, but I know I am using a 1204 ball screw for it. Shout out to CS900 for him designing a 12 position tool turret and him requesting for me to start my own build thread. I have also added a 1" riser block that is kinda not set in stone, I might make it 1.125" so I have a full 5+" ( think hot rolled) swing over the new cross side.

If you take 1/2 a second to look, I have made an extension to m bed because I'm an idiot and didnt check the model I downloaded from GrabCAD at it turns out the model is really a 7x14... I have a 7x10... I ordered everything for a 14" conversion thinking the model was the 10"... apparently I couldn't take the .5 seconds to measure the bed length and confirm it was the right one.

While I could have cut down the linear rails, I'd like to reinstall (and re-engineer) the tailstock(mounted on the same rails) but that will take up the extra 4" that I have recovered with the happy accident.