584,817 active members*
4,675 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Planet CNC THC.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    Sdt - Set delay time from 0.1 to 9.9 sec. Time between Arc OK signal appears and generation of signals up and down is enabled. Factory setting 0.5 s.

HYS - Hysteresis from 2V to 32V (2 V step). Voltage frame around reference. If arc voltage is higher than Ref + HYS/2 then down signal is generated. If voltage is lower than Ref - HYS/2, up signal is generated. Factory setting 6 V.

AdL - Ant-dive limit from 50V to 300V. Arc voltage that disables THC. If voltage goes higher than Anti-dive limit all output signals go low. The parameter’s value must be set higher than reference voltage. Factory setting 220V.

tSt - Test mode. Only available when no arc voltage present! Pressing V or ? button generate output signals. The display indicates direction.
    tSt - Test mode. Only available when no arc voltage present! Pressing V or ? buttongenerate output signals. The display indicates direction.

So when you use this Test Mode. Should you get a input signal on TNG Up/down input to where you connected your wires?

Quote Originally Posted by MrEmo View Post
    tSt - Test mode. Only available when no arc voltage present! Pressing V or ? buttongenerate output signals. The display indicates direction.

So when you use this Test Mode. Should you get a input signal on TNG Up/down input to where you connected your wires?
    Yes/No?

The reason I am asking is that I am not getting these signals when I run this mode and push up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEmo View Post
    Yes/No?

The reason I am asking is that I am not getting these signals when I run this mode and push up and down.
    Hello?

I am trying to tell you that your THC is not working as it should. It is not sending up or down signal in test mode and I am not receiving signals in the software...

In test mode, when you press button, what does THC display show?

In test mode, when you press button, what does THC display show?
    See attached photos.

This is ok. How is controller connected to thc?

This is ok. How is controller connected to thc?
    50:1.

I get voltage on the thc when machine running.

But I am not getting signals on software on the inputs that are designated. Nothing is showing up on I/O thingy.

On your photos all wires are black. I want to know how THC is connected to controller.

On your photos all wires are black. I want to know how THC is connected to controller.
    I swapped some wires around. I have tried several ways to connect the Common wire and I went back to one of the first ways I connected it and now it decided to work.

But fear not, I am not done yet.

I have a new problem.

I am now back to having ARC OK signal on input 7. The machine starts cutting but then it suddenly stops. I am unable to restart the machine within the software. Nothing is working, start, stop, pause, emergency stop does nothing.

Try to reboot software still not able to start machine.

If I remove ARC OK from settings I am able to proceed or I have to reboot hardware.

So this has something to do with ARC OK must be something in the software?

Page 2 of 2 12