584,800 active members*
4,797 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Novakon Announcement

Greetings to all customers and followers:

I am writing this post to bring everyone up to speed on our status. We are still in business. I have talked to many customers that go back 15 or more years, and have helped with some technical and parts issues. I have many parts still available in stock and can also assist on some very old mills out there... on a limited basis. The web site will be increasingly updated for the parts but there are many parts that date back more than a decade and unrealistic to list them all. If you have a specific need, just let me know and we may be able to help.

This year has been unusually bad considering the covid19 issue and on a personal note, the dreaded divorce. Much is behind us now and we are moving forward with some changes. I will also add into the list of problems... China and trying to getting stock already paid for. Needless to say, I will NOT be supporting any future large purchases from China. I have taken too many financial hits with Chinese ventures. We will look to work more in the direction of "built in the USA" and more on the laser side. There will be additional information that follows.

By far the best way to contact us is via email. [email protected] is the preferred channel to ask for information.

If you have any questions just let me know and I will answer them. Thank you again for the support from the customers I have talked to.

Regards,
    John Sandstrom

Re: Novakon Announcement

Thanks for letting us know about this. If you decide it's not worth it to supply parts maybe pass some contacts along to someone else who can take on supplying the stuff that is needed? My dealings with China have been positive. Having said that I only purchase small items never anything as expensive as a milling machine. For things like ballscrews they are generic and it might be worth it for someone to make them as required.

Hope things work out for you in the long run.

part sourcing info would be handy . A lot of the parts have manufacturer names and model numbers but searching google has been a fail on a few things

John I contacted you via email last week and you said you'd get back to me the following day , you didn't . I contacted you again yesterday , still nothing .

I get it with the divorce I get it with the covid excuse , what I don't get is the lack of willingness to communicate with your past customers

if you would have checked your email I did respond to you and I can dig up the parts to solve your problem. Don't make assumptions about me and my immediate situation or schedule and I won't for you. If your wondering, I didn't see your post prior to sending you the email.

All I need to know if you want me to follow up with the quote.

John

Thanks for the suggestion. Most likely I will be sourcing the parts or custom manufacturing the critical items. I will be moving into the USA laser direction more. I won't hang my head out there with China any more with the bucks I have lost. This last time was not the first, but it will be the last.

I check my emails often , I got your email after I posted this regardless of if you saw this or not . I told you how I will proceed

As far as assumptions go , you told me you'd contact me the following day , this is now a week later

I am unable to get to the Novakon website. Can you guys see if it's up in the USA?

Down for me at the moment. Probably just getting updated.

It's been down at least since Sunday.

edit....
    ....doh.....next email was John saying it's down for changes....should be back soon.
    Don't have to be too bright to be me

Looks like John also posted what is going on a few minutes after I asked the question.

To be clear, I had no idea if anyone posted anything, I got a tip from a friend. If you need to know all of the fine details, I started the process last Saturday but was told nothing would change yet. I since went into surgery and now waiting to get discharged and so I can finish this up. It will take a few more days since working from a phone is a bit difficult. Is there anything else you would like to know? Maybe what surgery it is?

John

No need to be defensive. I was just wondering why I was having trouble finding the site. I use a non mainstream search engine and it some times sends me to old websites that are no longer valid. My comment was not meant to be sarcastic more like I was thinking cool now I know what is going on because you posted.

But since you ask if there is anything else I want to know. There is. Do you stock proximity sensors? I was going to look elsewhere if you were gone or going to be gone for a while. One of my sensors has been acting up a little lately. I can live with it for a few days.

No I do not want to know what your surgery is for.

The web is back up and running.

We have sensors, but getting at them due to my personal situation will be tough for a couple of weeks, but I will do my best.

Regards,
    John

We are up and running. If you have any issues logging on, or emails, please let me know.

Regards,
    John

Glad to hear you are getting going again. I understand how difficult it is when you are a large part of a small business. Lots of stuff falls on you and it's especially difficult when you are not healthy.

Don't worry about the sensor. It went into fully stuck in trip mode today. I found a small aluminum chip stuck to the end of the sensor. I cleaned and it off it works good now. With the amount of chips flying around when cutting one had to work it's way in there eventually.

Tom