584,850 active members*
4,416 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Purchased New Tormach 1100m. Date of Manufacture 2018??? Should I be concerned

Exclamation Purchased New Tormach 1100m. Date of Manufacture 2018??? Should I be concerned

I just purchased/received a new 1100M from Tormach.

The date of manufacture on the nameplate is october 2018.... That's three years ago!!

Should I be concerned? Is this normal from tormach?

Will this devalue my machine if I end up selling it in a few years?

Re: Purchased New Tormach 1100m. Date of Manufacture 2018??? Should I be concerned

I wouldn't be concerned , a once over checking for corrosion would be in order paying special attention to the electrical cabinet .

Resell value never entered my mind when I bought my 440 I can see your concern there . But if I was buying a used machine one of the things I'd do would be to call tormach with the serial number to double check the purchase date .. And try to make sure it isn't a lease machine someone is trying to defraud

Re: Purchased New Tormach 1100m. Date of Manufacture 2018??? Should I be concerned

Bought NEW, FROM Tormach directly? Date of manufacture seems really odd for that. Tormach simply isn't a big enough company to make batches of machines and then hold in inventory for years.

Regardless...does the 1100MX still use the Emerson VFD? If so, there's a register that you can get to (on the readout on the VFD) that will give you spindle run hours. Any number over about 10 or so would make me very concerned that I had a used machine. There's an old post on this forum that mentioned how to get it.

At the very least I'd want an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by jehake12 View Post
    I just purchased/received a new 1100M from Tormach.

The date of manufacture on the nameplate is october 2018.... That's three years ago!!

Should I be concerned? Is this normal from tormach?

Will this devalue my machine if I end up selling it in a few years?
    Ask Tormach directly. Weird

Ya, its weird. I purchased it directly from Tormach. I was expecting something built within the last few months.

I stopped uncrating on Saturday once I saw the build date on the nameplate. Hopefully I get some decent answers from their office tomorrow.

It's not that hard to explain for a new machine .
    The China factory builds them , they get staged for loading in a container . Container gets filled , one or two machines are left over , new machines get staged in front of them .

This goes on for a couple years till machines start to get sold faster then they can build them . Like the last year has been .